cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible fan header issue? Corsair H80

oaklund8
Level 7
Hey all,

I installed my Corsair Hydro H80. Temps are awesome on my 4.0Ghz overclocked 1100t. Couple of times now I get the CPU FAN_0 message from (I assume) the AISUITE. A check of HWmonitor, and a look in the case window confirm this and I shut down the P.C. The only way to fix it is to cycle the PSU, disconnect/reconnect the fan header, and all returns to normal. I really don't know what the issue is.
-Fan is set to DC in bios as it is a 3 pin
-Fan is on the "main" header topmost on the board
-happens during normal usage, not while benchmarking or P95
-H80 unit is functioning like a champ till it seems to just lose power, the led on the heatsink turns off as well.
HELP! PLEASE!
ASUS CROSSHAIR V bios 9911
PHENOM II x6 1100T
2 x 4Gig G.SKILL Ripjaws 1333
2 x RADEON 5850 in Xfire powering 3 x 24" Asus panels in portrait
Corsair H80 push/pull
Corsair 750tx PSU
5 REPLIES 5

speed
Level 12
The H-80 has it's own place on the pump/waterblock housing for the fans to plug in. Use them. Then take your stock Heatsink fan off the heatsink and plug that into the cpu fan header. I had 3 different fans pluged into that and all gave errors. As soon as I used the stock heatsink's fan all is well. I use that fan to cool the NB heatsinks.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

oaklund8
Level 7
Thanks for the response. I have the fans attached to the "waterblock" correctly, and the Corsair's 1 wire 3-pin attached to the CPU FAN header. I can't tell from your picture if you have that lead connected. (The PWM for lack of a better term) Did you just leave that unattached? I would be ok using only the push-button on the Corsair as opposed to having the MOBO tell it when to ramp up the fan speed. I am afraid if I do that though, if and when it turns itself off, I will be left with a smoking CPU. Would an error in the header cause the H80 to shut down completely?
BTW Awesome idea about the stock fan. Stole it. Keeping it. Not giving it back.
PHENOM II x6 1100T
Corsair H80 push/pull
Corsair 750tx PSU

No I don't. I do not care about knowing what RPM my fans are turning. I run them full blast at all times

oaklund8
Level 7
Gotcha. Gonna set mine up exactly as you have yours. Wish I had as much cable management patience as you do. I really should re-do my setup now that I have the side off my case. Thanks again for the input.
PHENOM II x6 1100T
Corsair H80 push/pull
Corsair 750tx PSU

speed
Level 12
It is all about the air flow. The better your CM the cooler you will be. Cold is our friend. Heat must die a long and slow death.