New ROGer Array

Unhappy Top Bezel PG278Q leaking light on top ridge

I have been enjoying my PG278Q so far (with only the disappearance of g-sync once, which was fixed in a minute, probably driver problem..), but I have noticed something that kinda bugs me:

The top bezel has light coming through on 4 different spots, as shown at the bottom of my post, with 2 of them more on the left and right side respectively and about 1-2 centimeter wide. It is located between the front facing plastic (that has the ASUS logo on the bottom and the button icons on the left side) and the plastic forming a short horizontal plane to the back side. It is especially noticable when your display shows dark content. When your room is dark, it's even more vissible. It also only shows up at a certain angle, which is precisely the point at which I watch the screen comfortably.

So I'm thinking that my top bezel has been attached wrongly (the box also said QC passed, which might suggest someone sent it back before and it got repaired).

So I'm wondering if anyone else has encoutered this. Should I send my monitor back?

Here an image of the problem on the left side of the bezel, showing 2 of the 4 spots (my phone camera adds some nice effects to the screen): Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140910_010009[1].jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	40901

ROG Member Array

I've read posts from a few other people with the same issue on other forums. As for if you should return/replace it, that's a question to ask yourself... Can you live with it or do you think it will continue to bug you? Take into account that supply is limited right now with resupply estimates of a couple more weeks. If you decide to send it back, you might consider holding on to it until the last possible second before your return policy expires.

Also, camera phones are the worst and definitely add some weird screen effects in translation, but even so, it looks like you might have some backlight bleeding issues as well.

New ROGer Array

Thank you for your reply. The monitor seems to have good availability where I live (something like 8 shops can deliver it in 24 hours ). And the backlight indeed seems to have a bit more bleeding the desirable.

New ROGer Array

Same issue with mine, 4 gaps with light coming through. I also had a dead pixel, so of course arranging a return was inevitable.

Mine came with a QC passed sticker on it which could mean its been used/opened before, all I know is I'm going to keep returning them until I get one that matches the price they're charging.

ROG Enthusiast Array Shadowarez's Avatar

No one cares that we are paying $900+ for used returned merchandise I paid $950+ shipping if I'd gotten a rma I'd be expecting a partial refund or wait see if class action lawsuit settles this practice.

ROG Member Array

Same issue...