cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED Debug Code "BD" No restart

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I'm getting a problem with my board when i restart it wont post i get a Debug code saying BD some times 4F and i've seen also 55 if i hold the power button down and restart it will post saying OC failed any ideas?

I have a feeling it could be related to my ram if i push the memory check button it will reboot and post?
59 REPLIES 59

HiVizMan
Level 40
You are sort of correct. It is memory related but not in the way that you may think.

I would like you to reseat your CPU cooler please. It may just be that your cooler is unevenly mounted and during the mounting process has caused a pin in the socket to shift slightly. The error codes you see are all about the CPU not being able to pick up the memory.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Thanks for the reply i don't seem to get the problem all the time and I'm using a waterblock i was very careful installing it and there no way the block can be uneven, should i loosen off the thumb screws?

Umm it just got suck on 96 which is to do with PCI-e bus? ill keep testing it to see what else i get.

HiVizMan
Level 40
All the issues you are getting are things that the CPU controls my friend.

Do two things for me first. Download the latest bios and use EZflash2 in the bios tools section to flash your bios. If that does not work, then loosen by a quarter turn your water block.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Yep updated my bios when i 1st got my board ill try screws thanks a lot HiViz ill report back.

LiveOrDie wrote:
Yep updated my bios when i 1st got my board ill try screws thanks a lot HiViz ill report back.

UEFI 0002: http://www.mediafire.com/download/z63ee3b1ef2bnjc/RAMPAGE-V-EXTREME-ASUS-0002a.rar

If that does not help:

Might need to tune VCCSA. You can also try Enable Attempt Fast Boot and Attempt Fast cold Boot after a successful POST.

LiveOrDie wrote:

Definately start by loosening the screws a little. Then proceed to reseat your RAM. You should hear a "click" sound when you push it all the way down.

Did you update the BIOS before you setup your RAID array or after?

Praz
Level 13
Hello

If not running extreme clocks or timings a bd Q-Code is almost always VCCSA related. When tuning the voltage keep in mind too much voltage can be as detrimental to stability as too little.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
UEFI 0002: http://www.mediafire.com/download/z63ee3b1ef2bnjc/RAMPAGE-V-EXTREME-ASUS-0002a.rar

If that does not help:

Might need to tune VCCSA. You can also try Enable Attempt Fast Boot and Attempt Fast cold Boot after a successful POST.

Thanks Raja ill test this bios out and see how it goes ill report back tomorrow.

Chino wrote:
Definately start by loosening the screws a little. Then proceed to reseat your RAM. You should hear a "click" sound when you push it all the way down.

Did you update the BIOS before you setup your RAID array or after?

I already tired that with the ram 🙂 , Yer i updated to the newest bios on the asus site 3 days ago before setting up my RAID as the bios that come with the board didn't have Secure Erase.

Praz wrote:
Hello

If not running extreme clocks or timings a bd Q-Code is almost always VCCSA related. When tuning the voltage keep in mind too much voltage can be as detrimental to stability as too little.

Yer just running stock speeds for now to see if every think is working the way it should, If the new bios doesn't work ill have to play around with VCCSA.

Thanks for all the help will keep you posted with any changes.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Well I've got the BD code once over the last few days but i have had some other problems, I've had 1 BSOD and also a system hang with a sound loop 😞 , Some think isn't stable.