cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Triple monitor computer ASUS ROG table build log process

mu5tang71
Level 7

DAY: 1

So I decided to make my own custom Table for my computer. I also have a triple monitor setup so I needed something big enough. So i went out to my garage and found the biggest flat piece of wood I could find and started to brain storm. I went into this not really having a solid plan in mind.. So this like most of my projects was literally on the fly and totally custom....... Some of my best idea's come when I don't have a solid plan.......

So I had a new sheet of OSB board 3/4" 4'x 8'. I ripped it so I had a piece 30" wide and 8 feet long. And I decided I wanted some kind of platform to put my 3 monitors. So I found a bundle of 1"x4" and started laying pieces on the sheet and I started to get an idea.....

So I ran back into my house took some measurements on how my monitors were currently setup and I started making my platform.... As I was building it, another idea came to mind.... I want to add led accent light to the platform and maybe a area on the bottom underside but have not got that far yet.. The platform is dived into 3 20" blocks on angles, so I decided to cut a notch out of the front side of each section and this is what I ended up with..............

Here is some photos from the back side of the monitor platform and a couple pics in side. I also cut notches for wire and cable management for the Red LED's. i am using a large 1/2" OD LED tubing thats 6 feet long. The LED's plug into a standard 110v outlet.....

Okay....... Now I have the platform made, but that OSB does not look the greatest even if I sanded it and painted it as a finished wood. So I have decided to wrap the entire top of the table with a stained Lawan Board. I am not sure if i am going to like the stained look and I may end up primer and painting the Lawan Board. UPDATE: I WILL BE PAINTING IT. BLACK,RED,WHITE.... I will also be adding the necessary molding, Corner trim to give it a clean completed look... I laid down my first piece of Lawan Board and here are some more photo's of that progress............

And that completes the progress for the day... I am going to make a base but I want the base to come apart from the top to make 2 sections to make it easier to move around when needed to. Just the table is very heavy and super solid. It really has to be a 2 piece set. Damm the table is 8 feet long.. I Love it!!

You no I was just think... I hope this will encourage someone else to give it a shot and just remember it does not have to be the same size. Just use my techniques to get a general idea on how to proceed. It can be smaller, or what the hell!! it can even be bigger....

MEASUREMENTS

Asus Maximus VI Formula MB, Intel Core I7 4770K CPU, Thermaltake Overseer RX-II Case, H100 Corsair Cooler Push/Pull Config, 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 Ram, EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual Classified w/ EVGA A w/ Backplate, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Power Supply, Window 7 Ultimate x64,
18 REPLIES 18

toronto699
Level 13
great job. come to my house , make me one

mu5tang71
Level 7
Day 2: More ROG Table Updates!!!!!!!!

I changed the bottom feet because it was taking up to much leg room. I must say it's some of my best frame work I have ever done. I also like the angles on the bottom, it goes with the angles on the top to the monitors platform.... tell me what you think.....

Day 3: Day 3: Computer Table Desk Sanding and Primer

The table top and base got an all day sanding with 3 coats of primer.... she is coming along great.... after i get this painted black and red and add the ROG Eyes to each side and put "REPUBLIC OF GAMERS" across the very front edge in 4 1/2" letters, and add the ambient lighting maybe pulse...? this table is going to be sick..... i can actually see it in my head ls I go along

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Day 4 - Updates ROG Table:

Okay today the table is really starting to take on the ROG image, and quite well I believe. I cut out the ROG eyes on both inside edge of the legs. I chose this area because I plan on lighting the eyes red, and so when they are lit, it will also give it a super great glow under the table area by your feet... Those lights and the 3 top lights on the front edge of the monitors platform will give it a great top/bottom lighted look without going overboard..... This table is sick. I will be adding switches to shut on/off top lights and bottom lights. So they can all be on, or off, or one or the other....... So your input is always great... tell me what you think. I just love it and is going to look so good with my rig set-up...... Thanks

Thanks for looking and i hope you are enjoying the build as much as i am bringing the process to you...... More updates to come so stayed tuned in, you are not going to want to mist the finished product.... It's going to be a crazy sick table.......
Asus Maximus VI Formula MB, Intel Core I7 4770K CPU, Thermaltake Overseer RX-II Case, H100 Corsair Cooler Push/Pull Config, 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 Ram, EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual Classified w/ EVGA A w/ Backplate, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Power Supply, Window 7 Ultimate x64,

I have came up with the final color scheme to my table and think it looks sick..... I now there will be some that would change things around but this is what I thought looked best..... I cant wait to get started on the paint..... I will be posting finished updates of the table soon.....

So I just wanted to share a couple of updates with you all. I painted all the primer white edges with white gloss enamel, Put my first red trim along the bottom edge of the monitor platform, and I also fitted my monitors for the 1st time to get a little fitted preview........ She is coming along great... I have some things to do thins week so I will not be able to update with further progress until Monday or Tuesday the 29th or 30th. So please check back for some more updates cause this ROG Table is in it's final stages of the build. You ain't going to want to miss the end results.... I can't wait to share it with you all.......

WHITE GLOSS - SIDE EDGES

1ST RED TRIM STARTED ALONG THE BOTTOM EDGE OF THE MONITOR PLATFORM

HER IS A FITTED MONITOR PREVIEW - I HAD ONLY MEASURED THIS AREA AND NEVER DID ACTUALLY PLACE THE MONITORS ON THE BASE SO THIS WAS THE VERY 1ST TIME. AND THEY FIT PERFECT!!!!!

MORE UPDATES COMING SOON!!!!!!!!

meankeys
Level 13
Nice work. I love the logo. That puppy has to weigh a ton. Cant wait to see the finished project.

meankeys
Level 13
Lookin very nice

Thank you.... :cool:

kkn
Level 14
looking good so far.