cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you get FW Update v1.0.3.0 and the latest Firmware?

RickSinGA
Level 11
Should have read v1.0.3.3.

I have been thru all threads in this forum and saw several references about updating the Front Bay firmware. I have been all over the ASUS update page and can't find anything but v1.00.10 driver and it doesn't seem to do anything. No reference to firmware updates.

I am running a M7F with BIOS v603 (latest) and a i7-4790k at stock speed right now.

My CPU Frequency on the FB Panel is locked at 1298 but the crazy thing is that it was working earlier today! I have spent the morning updating different drivers etc but have no idea when it went bonkers.

Would someone please point me in the right direction?

Rick S.
4 REPLIES 4

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi RickSinGA. I assume your talking about ROG Front base update.
Is this what your looking for: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Front_Base/HelpDesk_Download/
Also read the guide: http://rog.asus.com/317732014/maximus-motherboards/front-base-upgrade-guide-for-maximus-vii-motherbo...
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

RickSinGA
Level 11
Yes, that is what I was looking for but couldn't find it to begin with.

I have downloaded the FB Driver 1.0.1.11, ran the Asussetup.exe after unzipping the files to a extraction folder, most of it works but installShield wizard always quits working before it finishes. Just locks up, have to go into task manager to kill it?

I followed the instructions to update the Firmware by running in the Extracted file Folder\FRONTBASE\FBFW\ROG Front Base.exe then selected the *.h00 file but after starting it stops:
Front Base: V1.0.4.7
Front Base- ICP_Mode Init Failed
Error- Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I am sure I have done something wrong, but what?

I have no idea what firmware the device has as pushing/holding the "Escape" key does not bring up anything?

The RPM and Temp dials work as expected, but no CPU Frequency, locked at 4400.

Thanks
Rick S.

MeanMachine
Level 13
Did you run the .exe as an administrator?
That's the only thing I can think of, unless someone else comes in, who has had your experience.
Have you followed this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?47735-Problem-with-asus-front-bases-and-maximus-vii-hero-fi...
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

RickSinGA
Level 11
Yes, I have tried all of that MeanMachine.

From what I see I have a similar problem, CPU Freq not working, as many others.

I don't see my "FW upgrade tool freezing" problem listed by anyone else though; curious?

I guess I will wait and see if the next BIOS release fixes the problem, otherwise I did not get the features I was expecting.

Thanks
Rick S.