cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST says I have 3 keyboards and 3 USB Hubs.

jholt
Level 7
Im trying to figure out why my system is unstable. Ive noticed during post the boasrd says I have 3 keyboards 1 mouuse and 3 USB hubs hooked up.First time ive run into this and have no idea whats going on. I have a corsair K70 keyboard and a mouse hooked up. Also have a G35 headset hooked up but those are the only things there.
11 REPLIES 11

jholt
Level 7
using the USB 3 ports

Chino
Level 15
Disconnect all 3 devices. Connect the keyboard and mouse to the USB 2.0 ports. Does the problem still persist?

jholt
Level 7
yes, problem is still there. My system is just unstable. m Sometimes it wont post, but will power on. Sometimes I have to try to turn it off and on 3 or 4 times for it to boot into windows. In device manager I have 2 "other devices" BCM20702A0 and Unknown device ACPI/PNP0A0A. Ive tried installing the drivers for them multiple times but it never fixes the unknown hardware in device manager.

CPU pins are ok, Ive updated the Bios. Windows Experience index gives me 7.9 across the board except CPU. Its giving my 5930k a 2.9??

Chino
Level 15
BCM20702A0 is the Bluetooth module if I'm not mistaken. So installing the Bluetooth drivers should solve that one. Also have you installed the Chipset and IMEI drivers? If not, please do so. One of those should take care of the other unknown device.

Which BIOS are you using now and how did you update it? Between this thread and your other threads, I've lost track of the version.

As for the issue with your CPU, run something like ROG Realbench with CPU-Z up to see if your processor is hitting the correct frequency.

Going back to your initial USB problems, try disabling xHCI in your BIOS and see if that helps.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Multiple listings of USB devices during POST is not a problem and can be ignored. Regarding unknown devices or instability a complete listing of system components and settings are needed.

I installed everything off the disk drivers and software. Ill try to disable xHCI and see if it works.

jholt
Level 7
Yea its Bluetooth and the unknown device is an Controller of some sort. I installed them off the disk with the board, the bios updated through windows and a restart with asus update.

Im getting events in the application section:
Application 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\AISuite3.exe' (pid 3196) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID..
Application 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\DIP4\DIPAwayMode\DipAwayMode.exe' (pid 3220) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID..

In the system section I get multiple events:
: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.

Its normal to show 4 keyboards 1 mouse and 3 USB Hubs?

i7 5930k
CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB 2666 (PC4-21300) CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
2 Corsair ForceGT SSDs
gtx760

41388 41389

jholt
Level 7
dont know ifd this has anything to do with it or not but Im getting a weird error. This is all happening off a fresh install of win 7. Every library except downloads gives me this error.