AndyMac13
Level 7
G75VW:
GeForce GTX 670M, 3GB
12GB RAM
Intel Core i7 3610QM @ 2.3GHz
1.5TB SATA HDD (4 drives)
WIN7 Home 64-bit

My laptop randomly powers up on its own, even when the lid is closed. It also happens when I have the lid closed and in Sleep mode. I haven't put it into Hibernate, so I don't know what happens with that. I have a second monitor (Asus) connected via HDMI and the log in screen shows up on that when it wakes up or powers on. When I open the lid everything stays on the second display and doesn't switch back.

Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
Look for a setting in your UEFI/BIOS that allow the LAN to Wake up the computer, also look in your advanced power options for the same or similar settings
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Look for a setting in your UEFI/BIOS that allow the LAN to Wake up the computer, also look in your advanced power options for the same or similar settings

My UEFI is enabled and the only thing I saw for BIOS was to check for an update; I didn't see anything pertaining to allow the LAN to Wake the computer. I looked through all the power options and found nothing that would power it up, such as Wake Timers. Am I looking in the wrong places or did I miss something?

Thanks