Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Enthusiast Array

ahh, i'm sorry...

i am wanting to mount *another* 360mm rad on the *front panel* of the 780t case (where the 2 stock 140mm led fans are)

if you watch this vid, you'll see the problem i'm having in the front:

he's using an alphacool ut60 (which has a total length of 400mm, not counting those blue plugs in the top ports of the end tanks) and he shows how it won't fit - i used this as a starting point for what types of 360mm rads *would* fit there in the front...so, say, 399mm or less and with only 2 ports (facing the back of the case) on the end tanks, not 6 like he has on the ut60

start @ 19:35
    finish @ 22:50

here's a screenie of the rad screw-ins not matching the holes in the case front

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front rad.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	41699

sorry for the confusion, though your added images of the top rad spacing are helpful as well

i was really hoping you could take your 360 rad and place it like he does in the video...and see how yours lines up, or even whether it could be mounted with the ports facing the bottom of the case

thanks in advance!

ROG Enthusiast Array

oh, btw... if you take a tape and measure in from the front bezel to your first fan in the 5.25" bay...and if you've got ~83 or more mm of clearance, your rog front base should fit! might want to measure to the leading edge of the rad, too, because i'm not sure of the exact particulars of that double bay

the rog fb will need 85mm of depth to fit the at the bottom of the bay, but it slopes forward as it goes up

good luck, and thanks again =)

ROG Enthusiast Array

update...

i guess i'm kind of discouraged about getting everything to fit how i want in the corsair 780t...and while looking around at options, i came across the phanteks enthoo primo...

i like it, and am now planning to use it in this build

so here's the revision...

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo Aluminum ATX Full Tower Case
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
    CPU: i7-5930k
    RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000 16GB (4 x 4G
    PSU: Corsair AX1200i
    GPU: x2 Asus GTX 980 (2-way SLI)
    Storage: Samsung XP941 256GB M.2 SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
    Optical: Archgon Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
    Case Fans: replace supplied front intake and rear exhaust 140mm with x3 BitFenix Spectre Pro 140mm Fan - Red LED (BFF-LPRO-14025R-RP)
    Multi Control: Asus ROG Front Base Dual-Bay Gaming Panel

for water-cooling, these are my initial ideas:

Radiator (top exhaust): Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper Triple 120mm
    Radiator (bottom intake): Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Quad 120mm
    Reservoir/Pump: Monsoon Series Two Premium D5 / MCP655 Dual Bay Reservoir w/Quick Change LED Control - Matte Black w/Red Trim (pump: Swiftech MCP655-PWM)
    CPU Block: EK Supremacy EVO Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Gold (EK-Supremacy EVO - Gold)
    GPU Block(s): x2 EK Geforce GTX 980 VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acrylic (EK-FC980 GTX) *might go with the EVGA Hydro Copper
    Tubing: PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 3/8"ID x 5/8" OD - 10ft Retail Pack - Bloodshed Red (PFLEXA10-58-R) w/ Free Sys Prep
    Fittings: All Bitspower Rotary Compression (wherever possible)
    Fans (all in push/pull): x14 Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-P 120mmx25mm Ultra Silent Bionic Blade PWM Fan - 800 - 2000 RPM
    Fan PWM Splitter (1 to CPU_Fan Header, 1 to CPU_OPT Header): x2 Swiftech 8-Way PWM Cable Splitter - SATA Power (8W-PWM-SPL-ST)
    Misc: x3 Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler - 2-Pin - Black (2nd GPU outflow, both rads outflow), PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils - 5/8" OD Tubing - Black, x2 XSPC 4 x 120mm Radiator Gasket - 3mm, x2 XSPC 3 x 120mm Radiator Gasket - 3mm, PrimoChill Hex 2-Layer Rad Grillz - Triple 120mm - Red / Black , PrimoChill Hex 2-Layer Rad Grillz - Quad 120mm - Red / Black, assorted LEDs in UV and red (tailed and 8" bars) for CPU/GPU block lighting and case lighting, respectively

my thinking goes like this:

1. all ssd for storage, so all drive cages removed
    2. will need all 5.25" bays
    3. i want both top and bottom rads' ports facing the front of the case
    4. i want a minimum amount of tubing visible through side panel
    5. i chose a 360mm rad for the top because i don't want any interference with the 5.25" bays and i'd like to use one of the upper ports on the end tanks to double as a fill point
    6. i want the 7th port on the bottom rad to face the back of the case so that i can put a drain valve sticking through the grill of the optional psu vent
    7. i realize that the rog front panel's knob sticks out ~12mm and the door clearance is less than 5mm, so i plan to drill out a recess in the back of the door panel to accommodate the knob
    8. rotary compression fittings (angled, if needed) are for ease is install/dismantle and to minimize torque on components
    9. rad grills are just for aesthetic reasons, as the stark white of the e-loop fans kinda throws off the red/black theme - but i'm not sure of their width...guess they need to be less than 125mm to fit past that side panel on the 480mm rad - i think the grill on the top rad should be ok
    10. rad gaskets are for a better seal, some vibration dampening, and also because e-loop's hub might press onto a rad and stop its spinning...so a little spacer should fix it

i'm planning a loop order of: bay res/pump > top rad > CPU > GPUs > bottom rad > bay res/pump

something like this:
    http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/...2.jpg~original

(by the way, the forum update appears to have broken both image uploads & image urls...as well as the interface being in german)

i also think the case's packing materials are better and it's shipped double-boxed - lol

finally, i'm still not sure which ek sli bridge to buy because of the x16-lane spacing for 2-way SLI on the Rampage V Extreme board

thanks so much to all who have been helping me!

New ROGer Array

At the Asset Protection & Elder Law Center, we help our clients protect everyone they love and everything they own. How do we accomplish this admittedly ambitious goal? We begin by asking the right questions and learning about you and your family.

living trust attorney california
    orange county attorney

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mike563 View Post
    At the Asset Protection & Elder Law Center, we help our clients protect everyone they love and everything they own. How do we accomplish this admittedly ambitious goal? We begin by asking the right questions and learning about you and your family.

living trust attorney california
    orange county attorney
    erm...yeah, mike - thanks?

its spam, under the nick you see a triangle, click it and you can report it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

quick question...

so, an ocool xt45 360mm rad in push/pull will easily fit at the top of the phanteks enthoo primo case...with its ports facing the front...

inflow/outflow on it will be the lowest pair of the six ports in the end tank, with one of the top ports being a fillport - this will leave me over 120mm from the end tank to the front of the uppermost 5.25" bay...and an extra 55mm space above that same bay, with access to the fan bay below the top grill...

my concern is in using the monsoon dual-bay reservoir and how to best bleed the trapped air in it without having to unseat it each time

here's what it looks like:

Name:	monsoon_side.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	253.3 KB 
ID:	41971

it's 116mm from the front to the back of the pump cap, and you can see two g1/4" ports in the top (they come stuck with "silver bullet" plugs)

my thought in bleeding the air that gets trapped at the top of the bay res is to use one or two of these in those top ports (moving the silver bullets down to the lower pair of ports of the four on the back of the res)...thus simply pushing on the port cap would exhaust the air from the res

Name:	bleed_valve.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	335.9 KB 
ID:	41972
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21...sW5&mv_pc=8977

does anyone have any experience with this type of port specifically, or have any advice/cautions about trying this?

for example, when using it...should i have the fill port on the top rad open or closed? don't want a fountain - lol

thanks a lot!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5