Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

i read another forum where a guy had same problem turned out to be his power to his video card here is his post

Update. It turns out the culprit was the Video card and not the bios update all along, despite updating the bios being the last thing i did. Maybe updating the drivers caused it to freak out, but everything worked once i ran 2 separate 8 pins cables to the psu from the 2 8 pins on the card, where before I had 2 slots on the card plugged into one cable with 2 6+2 connections on one end, and one 8 pin on the other.
    I tired it on a whim before dismantling the board and boom, all is fine.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hm sounds interesting, but I get code 61 even if neither of the GPUs is powered (connected to the PSU).

Edit: I even tried another PSU which gave me the same error code.
    Last edited by Gishan; 09-21-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    CPU: 5930K @ 4.5 GHz, GPUs: 2x GTX Titan, Mobo: Rampage V Extreme, Ram: 32GB Dominator 2800
    Sound: Essence STX & SP 2500, HDDs: 1x Samsung 830, 2x 840 Evo, PSU: Corsair AX860i, Case: 900D
    Cooling: Full custom w/c loop (CPU, both GPUs), Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/...00d-titan-sli/

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

I wouldn't use a Corsair AX860i on my new x99 rig after hearing one cooked a X99 Deluxe just a heads up.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I unmounted the CPU block, checked the pins on the socket and replaced everything.
    Did not help... still code 61.

I need to know which component is dead... I don't want to send them all back.
    With my luck the faulty one gets replaced but another part is dead.

So how can I find out what part causes this code 61?
    CPU: 5930K @ 4.5 GHz, GPUs: 2x GTX Titan, Mobo: Rampage V Extreme, Ram: 32GB Dominator 2800
    Sound: Essence STX & SP 2500, HDDs: 1x Samsung 830, 2x 840 Evo, PSU: Corsair AX860i, Case: 900D
    Cooling: Full custom w/c loop (CPU, both GPUs), Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/...00d-titan-sli/

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Just a few things spring to mnd:

1) Is the motherboard already in a case? If so remove the board and set it up on a non-conductive surface.

2) Check the board was not shorting out against anything.

3) How is the GPU connected to the monitor - HDMI, DVI or DP?

4) Any self powered USB devices?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Just a few things spring to mnd:

1) Is the motherboard already in a case? If so remove the board and set it up on a non-conductive surface.

2) Check the board was not shorting out against anything.

3) How is the GPU connected to the monitor - HDMI, DVI or DP?

4) Any self powered USB devices?
    Thanks for your input!

1) It's in a case yes. I don't have a spare GPU and CPU cooler, so I couldn't test it building the rig.
    Not good, I know but here we are. I can't get it out of the case since everything is watercooled.

2) But I did check it very closely - there is nothing it could short out against.
    Only 2 GPUs in the PCI-E slots, but not connected to the PSU.
    Only 1 memory module.
    24pin and 8pin connected to the board.
    No other cables are connected to the board (fans, USB, audio, ...)

3) The GPU is normally connected via 2x DVI and 1x DP.
    But at the moment no monitor is attached - cause there isn't much to see if it can't POST.

4) There are no cables attached to the motherboard - not a single USB, ethernet or anything else.

1) This is a bad idea when building an elaborate rig. Always have spare coolers on hand to do a pre-installation sanity check that all parts are working.

2) The GPUs are not getting PSU power? The board will not POST if the GPUs cannot initialize!

3) It won't POST if the GPUs are not getting power.

4) I would connect up the bare essentials to get the board to POST and see a display.

-Raja

ROG Enthusiast Array

I just disconnected the GPUs to narrow it down.
    In my earlier tests I had the GPUs connected and still got the same code 61.

Connected GPU, keyboard and mouse again - still code 61, monitors stay black.

PS: In my old rig I've used the same PSU and GPUs without any problem. I'm pretty sure they are not the problem.

In that case maybe see if you can get the board out and do a sanity test somehow - or take it somewhere that can test it for you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok, I try to get it out somehow.
    But what should I do then? I could power it up and most likely will get the same error code - except this time the board is out of the case.

Whats more important to me is which component I should replace?
    Is the motherboard dead? Are all 8 memory modules dead? Is the CPU dead?
    Should I buy everything twice to check that?

Sorry, I know you guys want to help...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast