Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Testing your system out of the case discards the possibility of something shorting out your motherboard from inside the case. It happens. When having your system on top of the cardboard box, Make sure you only install the bare mínimum (CPU, 1 stick of RAM, 1 GPU). And to discard uneven pressure of the waterblock being a cause, loosen the screws a few.

At this stage, it's hard to determine which component is faulty since you don't have any extra ones on hand. And we would rather not have you buy something that later turns out to be the wrong one if you know what I mean.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

Do you have a speaker connected to your board ? if so are you getting any beeps ? The board could be DOA this guy had the same problem as you with its rampage iv http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-!!-Help-pls.&

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by LiveOrDie View Post
    Do you have a speaker connected to your board ? if so are you getting any beeps ? The board could be DOA this guy had the same problem as you with its rampage iv http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-!!-Help-pls.&
    I've got no speaker connected, the 900D doesn't even have one as far as I know.

BUT I got the board out of the case! (thanks to my wife who helped me holding the GPUs and CPU, so I didn't have to disassemble the whole loop)
    Tried it again with only 1 RAM stick, the CPU and 24pin + 4pin connected => code 61 as usual...

So whats next? Board dead? Or RAM? Or CPU?
    CPU: 5930K @ 4.5 GHz, GPUs: 2x GTX Titan, Mobo: Rampage V Extreme, Ram: 32GB Dominator 2800
    Sound: Essence STX & SP 2500, HDDs: 1x Samsung 830, 2x 840 Evo, PSU: Corsair AX860i, Case: 900D
    Cooling: Full custom w/c loop (CPU, both GPUs), Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/...00d-titan-sli/

ROG Enthusiast Array

I believe it is time to RMA the board. But first Using one stick of ram at a time check to see if you still get the code 61. Switching out ram untill you have checked all the ram.
    And also.is this a new chip? If not might be the chip.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by killjoyjim View Post
    I believe it is time to RMA the board. But first Using one stick of ram at a time check to see if you still get the code 61. Switching out ram untill you have checked all the ram.
    And also.is this a new chip? If not might be the chip.
    Yeah, tried the other sticks on at a time since my last posting.
    It's always code 61... the chances that I've got 8 faulty RAM sticks is not very high - so I think the board is the bad one here.

With chip you mean the CPU? It's brand new of course, out of a sealed original box.

Seems I'll have to wait for a long time now...
    Need to send it back to the retailer (which is in Germany; I'm in Austria) - and they don't have any other boards in stock.
    ETA 'sometime in october'...

Yipieeh, isn't it great to be an early adopter?
    CPU: 5930K @ 4.5 GHz, GPUs: 2x GTX Titan, Mobo: Rampage V Extreme, Ram: 32GB Dominator 2800
    Sound: Essence STX & SP 2500, HDDs: 1x Samsung 830, 2x 840 Evo, PSU: Corsair AX860i, Case: 900D
    Cooling: Full custom w/c loop (CPU, both GPUs), Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/...00d-titan-sli/

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Unfortunately there is no way to find out if the culprit is the motherboard, the RAM or the CPU without testing each with another known working component. If you don't want to RMA, the best approach is to bring your system down to a local computer repair store and have them test it for you. If you have any friends with X99 systems, you can borrow their parts.. Since the X99 platform is new and quite expensive, it isn't easy to just go out and buy a kit of RAM or a cheap CPU to test it for yourself.

ROG Enthusiast Array

My board doesnt post sometimes when restarting or powering on. I literally have to try it 3 or 4 times sometimes for it to boot all the way into windows. Im not sure whats going on, but our problems might be related.

Quote Originally Posted by jholt View Post
    My board doesnt post sometimes when restarting or powering on. I literally have to try it 3 or 4 times sometimes for it to boot all the way into windows. Im not sure whats going on, but our problems might be related.
    Hello

Please stick to one of the multiple other threads you have already posted in. Thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Smile

I'm gonna RMA the board and hope for the best.
    Thanks a lot for your support!

I'll update this thread as soon as I tried a new one.
    (which is hopefully working)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast