cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SupremeFX Sonic Studio not working. Asus Maximus VII Hero

Kenneth_Wijangc
Level 7
After I installed the latest version of AUDIO for Maximus VII Hero at their website it seems the Sonic Studio is not working or something is wrong because last time I got the sonic studio working but now that I uninstall and re-install it with the latest version now is not working. please help me. Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

SpecimenONE
Level 7
Ok, you might have already found the solution by this time.
But I was having the same problem that sonic studio was not working.
Solution:
In windows
Go to Configuration screen - click on loudspeakers(Realtek High Definition Audio)
Properties-Enhancements-Uncheck disable all sound effects
Restart PC

And now you should be able to have effects from Sonic studio enabled.

Hope this helps!

Wrathier
Level 7
I think I have tested most ideas, but NOTHING seems to work for me and my EXTREME V....

When will ASUS address this issue and when will ASUS start releasing some software optimized for Windows 10?

Is it really that difficult.

BJBBJB
Level 7
Did you every get SS working in Windows 10? I don't see that "disable all sound effects" and like the other posts here, SS has no impact on my audio. It runs, pretends to work, but only impacts the built-in audio test file.

Thanks,
BJBBJB

BJBBJB wrote:
Did you every get SS working in Windows 10? I don't see that "disable all sound effects" and like the other posts here, SS has no impact on my audio. It runs, pretends to work, but only impacts the built-in audio test file.

Thanks,
BJBBJB

+1 have the same issue
everything worked fine on win 8.1, but after upgrade to win 10, the only tabs i see now are speaker configuration,
sonic studio (that i can not launch at all, UI seems to not work at all some files that were installed on win 8.1
seems to prevent the proper win 10 files to be reinstalled on 'em), room correction, and default format.

the only option that i still did not tried is a complete reinstall of system from format state or resetting system settings to the default state, which is very similar, yet i am affraid that some registry info may be reapplied, thus install after format seems more appropriate
I did all other things mentioned in related threads on these forums, and the sonic studio UI in realtek Hd audio manager
still does not work or install properly. installing higher version of realtek drivers does nothing also i am on v.6.0.1.7770

I uninstalled whole realtek soft from device manager and installed it after with the sound chip disabled in BIOS after reboot, it did not helped.
When i try to use only SetupSonicSuite_R2.exe there are msgs during installing process stating that: Overlapping operation in/out is in progress.
From what i see, the realtek sonic studio soft is not updated correctly to win 10 files from win 8.1 v. thus preventing sonic studio UI in realtek manager to install and lauch IMO.
I even tried to install that package with the Realtek chip disabled in BIOS but it changes nothing. The same messages appear again during installation. Some registry settings info from win 8.1, when i installed this realtek soft for the first time, does not update properly in win 10 environment, executed even with administrator properties.

Max alpha hero VIII user
Regards
Z.

BJBBJB
Level 7
Mine was a clean install of windows 10 on a new hard drive.

I gave up trying to get Sonic Studio to work correctly.....and I don't give up easily! 😄
BJBBJB

BJBBJB wrote:
Mine was a clean install of windows 10 on a new hard drive.

I gave up trying to get Sonic Studio to work correctly.....and I don't give up easily! 😄
BJBBJB

Yeah me neither, got a question though.
Did you tried win 10 reset to default settings, with delete all personal files and settings, before clean install?
Regards
Z.

BJBBJB
Level 7
My clean install was a new motherboard, new hard drive. New windows install. No refresh. Installed all latest drivers including audio.

So no refresh install. Upgrade may cause issues but a win 10 64 bit install also has issues. Moved from nice addin audio board with my old p6tdeluxev2. That software far outweighs what is working here. I love the hero hardware specs but wish the audio software was working.
Bjbbjb

I just bought the Maximus Hero VIII and I am having the same problem. Sonic Studio will not launch. I have "Sonic Suite 2" in the tray... Sonic Radar launches fine, but when I try to open Sonic Studio, it spins for a sec and does nothing. I have no way of controlling my optical output to my 7.1 surround sound system or way of doing any EQ. The output hops in and out of Dobly DTS and is causing me lots of problems. Any suggestions?

Nate152
Hi guys,

I always had good luck installing the Realtek audio driver from the motherboard cd, sonic studio II works too.