cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I flashed my DCII-7970 with Ati flash and It's not working now

tecnicoxsiempre
Level 7
I flashed my DCII-7970 with Ati flash, I downloaded the program and the bios in www.techpowerup.com. Then, the graphic is not working now, it does not show video, all PC's parts turn on but there is not video.

I have another video card working good and I put the good grafic card in the first PCI-E and the DCII-7970 in the second PCI-E. then, I tried to flash again and there was still some problems.

I tried two or three time more and now the program does not let me do it, happens a error.

I have to say that I didn't have the original bios, I didn't save it, I know I made a big mistake. And When I was flashing I flashed the card in the two switches, I didn't know that one is locked. The card is not working in any switches

I need to know how can I do to flash well the graphic and if it's possible I need the original DCII-7970's bios.
2 REPLIES 2

darkage
Level 11
is it just DCII not the TOP model right? if so i have a original bios i can send you, just pm me with a email adress
about reflashing it just follow this
Put the stock rom on your bootable USB drive.
Get a spare card, and throw it in the primary PCIe slot in your computer.
Put your 7970 in another slot, with it switched to the faulty bios.
Put your video cables on your backup card and boot from your USB drive
Type this in: atiflash.exe -i
This will show you what adapter number your card is. It should say Tahiti, along with the card you're using to boot.
Whatever your adapter number is, remember it because you'll need it for the following command
Now, type in atiflash.exe -f -p x stockrom.rom
x will be the adapter number of your card.
Give it about 5sec. reboot your computer, switch your 7970 back to primary, and you should be good.

keikomizer
Level 7
Thanks Szaby59, your Bonaire Power Management Tweaker just made this product usable. Shame that you had to do Asus' work without getting paid for it.

All, use Szaby59's tool to tweak the power saving states of this card here - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=391970

Kudos to Szaby59!