cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help... mulitple threads, no real answer.

Retired
Not applicable
i have an asus g74 with all current drivers, everything's working fine except my microphone is not being recognized!, i know its working cause he playback show sound but this thing does not wanna work!, pleas help. =( its a new laptop all it says is no recording device found.
49 REPLIES 49

dstrakele
Level 14
What are you attempting to do to generate that error? Are you trying to configure Skype? Use Sound Recorder? Configure it in Realtek Audio Manager?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Retired
Not applicable
i tried to use sound recorder and i get the recording device not found, i try skype same issue, then on facebook video it says no audio being recorded, i tried updating my driver to the new r266 and all my audio stopped working so i had to revert back to the current driver. funny thing is the playback is proof the the mic is working.

dstrakele
Level 14
Do you get that error when you attempt to configure the mic in the Microphone tab of Realtek Audio Manager?

Retired
Not applicable
no none at all

What version driver is displayed in the Details tab of Realtek High Definition Audio Properties in Device Manager?

Retired
Not applicable

dstrakele
Level 14
If you go to Control Panel - Manage Audio Devices - Recording tab, is there a Microphone displayed? If so, can you select Properties?

If you right-click on Microphone, is "Disabled" checked?

Retired
Not applicable
there is a microphone tab, and yes the usual settings like volume/playback and sound isolation n stuff. my mind is full of phuck rite now, this should be working.

dstrakele
Level 14
I was refering specifically to the "Recording" tab in Control Panel - Manage Audio Devices. Not the Microphone tab in Realtek Audio Manager. Now in the Recording tab, is there a Microphine displayed? If so, right-click on it. Is "Disabled" checked in the popup menu?