Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array IcePanther's Avatar

The win98 boot thing is in fact a mini-windows 98's DOS mode. It is an independent system and boots on its own so it's completely unrelated to Windows 7, as would, for instance, booting on a Linux CD would be.

It seems that an error occurred during the flashing process, which failed to erase the vBIOS.
    Some people say it can be a BIOS problem. Is your BIOS (not vBIOS) version 211 ? Brian@Asus said it was recommended to use this version to flash the vBIOS in the first post of this thread.
    Other threads (and the one I linked, too) suggest using -pa instead of -p 0 (as you see in the command line when you executed the VFlash command), but I can't advise for or against it, since I don't know the documentation for atiflash.exe. Maybe someone else will be able to help you more.

valdinekayne
    Apparently my bios is 211. gonna try the reboot again and update what happens. =)

valdinekayne
    Well, i even tried instructions from here. But i still get that error. idk what im doing wrong. even checked out the link you are doing. But any help is appreciated at the moment.

efrain_nges
    Hello everyone,

I bought an ASUS G73JH one month ago, In these days I've been having a problem every time I open more than 2 PDF files, play any game or even working with AutoCAD 3D, the computer's screen turns black however everything is turned on (keyboard, HDD, etc.) What should I do? My laptop has BIOS 209 preinstalled. Moreover, I would like to know which is the safest way to update it to the BIOS 211? Would this vBIOS update fix my problem? Or should I send my laptop to the RMA? Which I would prefer to avoid because I've read that it takes many months and not always with the desirable results.

Thank you in advance.

Brian@ASUS
    Put a video of the Vbios flash process

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array 69_Goat's Avatar

Nice vid, Brian.

Should be helpful for people with this problem.

The first thing I noticed was the Lambo thumb drive. lol
    i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI
    i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

donludovit
    Hello, I have G73Jh-TY085V and I must using old asus provided drivers, cause any other causing BSOD - "computer was shut down to prevent damage", or something like this...I using Bios 209, cause when I upgrade to 211 somthing was wrong, my computer after restart show my battery is 100% charged and calculating time to using laptop on battery from 100% but in fact battery have only 60% and when they showing me I have 40% battery laptop just shut duwn, cause battery was empty, but laptop dont recognized that.....so I must downgrade back to Bios 209, so is this vbios update only for 211?...and one more question, probably when will be this vbios update officialy relased on asus support site?..thx

Spunkgamer
    Quote Originally Posted by donludovit View Post
    Hello, I have G73Jh-TY085V and I must using old asus provided drivers, cause any other causing BSOD - "computer was shut down to prevent damage", or something like this...I using Bios 209, cause when I upgrade to 211 somthing was wrong, my computer after restart show my battery is 100% charged and calculating time to using laptop on battery from 100% but in fact battery have only 60% and when they showing me I have 40% battery laptop just shut duwn, cause battery was empty, but laptop dont recognized that.....so I must downgrade back to Bios 209, so is this vbios update only for 211?...and one more question, probably when will be this vbios update officialy relased on asus support site?..thx
    When you start you laptop spam the F2 button and when it enter bios setting sceen it will show what bios you are running at this point in time the 211 is the top one but some are running the 209 the 211 changes how the fans run a little better imo and the vbios is needed to run anything other then the one video driver on the asus site. I do not think that the vbios will make to a offical release but it is put out by Gary Key from asus and it stops gsod and allows the use of ati's 10.8 video driver which you can download from www.ati.com as for when the pc shuts down in battery mode it depends on what setting you are using on laptop like high performance vs battery saving mode which can be changed by pushing the function key and the space bar FN+spacebar hope this helps.

TeamROG Notebook Member Array Chastity@ASUS's Avatar

Just wanted to pop in and mention that if you need more information about flashing your vBIOS, you can click on the link in my sig and review the giant thread over at NBR about it, plus check out other options that are available.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

efrain_nges

Smile Help me Please to fix my video issues

Hi,

I updated the vBios, but after have installed the ATI drivers 10.8 the Catalyst Center doesn't recognize the GPU, it says that it is not supported. What should I do? Did I miss something? My G73JH has the v211 BIOS. Moreover my video problems remain equal or worse. Every time I run a game the screen turn off and I have to reboot the computer. Please help me, I really need my computer for the school projects mainly.

Thank you.

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast