Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    TayCole
    Nah i tired that with your bios and with ziddy's but it doesn't seem as if the laptop is actually booting. When teh hardrives are in it doesn't show activity that it is actually booting? So maybe my main bios not vbios is dead? is there any way to recover that ?

pawntec

FINALLY A FIX FOR THE VIDEO DRIVERS ISSUE

Thank you very much it worked it's only been 24hrs but i was playing about 4-5 hours straight in cod:waw so we'll see once i play an directx10 or 11 game. but other then that it hasn't got the GSOD. thanks again.....-=peace=-

Hikarusan

Bios Version

So do I only need to do these Bios Firmware update if I have to upgrade my drivers, or will ASUS provide a driver that is compatible with the new games? From reading these post look like flashing the firmware is dangerous.

Flashing firmware always has some risk, but it is not a huge risk if you follow the instructions.

At this point, there is nothing from Asus (unless they reply to this post...) saying they will keep updating the drivers.

So, right now the only option is the vbios fix. I've done it. Works very well. Running 10.8

Keep in mind that the vbios changes some important things about the way the GPU works. It's advised that everyone does the vbios update to avoid future problems.

If you have no issues, then wait until you do GSOD and then do it...

valdinekayne
    Can someone please explain to me this step by step how to do it. i know it has been explained, but when i plugged my Flash Drive in, i only get a black screen with a blinking icon after the start up "Asus" screen. i dont know what im doing wrong. so pls someone help me.

Fawkes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdinekayne View Post
    Can someone please explain to me this step by step how to do it. i know it has been explained, but when i plugged my Flash Drive in, i only get a black screen with a blinking icon after the start up "Asus" screen. i dont know what im doing wrong. so pls someone help me.
    Yeah i got that to. Just press the ESC Key when booting up, quickly, then it will ask you from what device or i/o you want to boot, select the usb. Then apply the standard procedure.

valdinekayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Yeah i got that to. Just press the ESC Key when booting up, quickly, then it will ask you from what device or i/o you want to boot, select the usb. Then apply the standard procedure.

Yeah i did that, and it givs me the Microsoft...C>: w/e prompt, though i chose the "boot" from "ext. hard disk" that i am using for this procedure. idk what i did wrong there.

ROG Junior Member Array IcePanther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by valdinekayne View Post
    Yeah i did that, and it givs me the Microsoft...C>: w/e prompt, though i chose the "boot" from "ext. hard disk" that i am using for this procedure. idk what i did wrong there.
    This seems normal. Did you try typing "VFlash" (without the quotes) and pushing enter ? If so, did it do something or not ? If it did nothing, then, it's not normal.

valdinekayne
    Quote Originally Posted by IcePanther View Post
    This seems normal. Did you try typing "VFlash" (without the quotes) and pushing enter ? If so, did it do something or not ? If it did nothing, then, it's not normal.
    it did do something, but in the end it said something about an error. this is for windows 7 right? the win98boot thingy too?

valdinekayne

this is what i got after i did the VFlash, just to let you know. did i do it right? or is something wrong?

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast