Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Yeah, the more cards you add the more of a pain it becomes to wrangle them into running things well. SLI is pretty good though..I've not had a problem yet...though I always wait a bit to play games, never on their release so drivers and patches have done their work by the time I come to them...

Are you maxing out AA and using the scaling? I presume not since that would probably give you crawling FPS. Try either or...

Scaling at 200% at 1080p is going to cripple one card...( not entirely sure on the maths of this but I think that's like running 4K?) you might be running out of VRAM and get low FPS. Scaling is a trick that should act a bit like AA but you don't need (or want) to go so high on a single card. Maybe SLI 780s could handle it. Just select a lower value..110% 125%...140% whatever you can get away with.

A980 will be a bit better since it has more Vram headroom (4GB) and has some newer technologies for compressing pixel info but I kind of doubt it will do 200% either...but hey newer is better by a bit...

If you can do it sell the 780 get a 980 and then sell the 980 and get "big maxwell" if you want a single card solution.

Or probably better for the wallet...sell the 780 when big maxwell appears and just turn down AA and scaling a bit in the meantime....?

Just my thoughts on it...not sure they help much but there you go LOL

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Try this website Alton.Anandtech has benchmarked different pieces of pc hardware including gpus.

HiVizman brought this to my attention on one inqury.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1072?vs=1351

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

"Are you maxing out AA and using the scaling? I presume not since that would probably give you crawling FPS. "
    Hey Arne, Yes, I Have every setting maxed out AA etc.. @ resolution of 1920 x 1080 with a scale resolution of 140, WITH VSYNC ON! After my overclock, my boost clock is 1241 and my memory speed is 3240. From what I have read, scaling is what pretty much what you said, squeezing a 4k resolution into a non 4k monitor. I maintain 60 fps most of the time except for massive water and explosion scenes. I love this card, I was an EVGA user until I grabbed this ASUS card.. I think I'm going to take your advice and wait until the better non- reference cards are released so I can see the variety of cards.. Thanks again..

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Hey Wolverine, I have seen many test results, and I have to say that im not too impressed. The differences from the 2 cards isn't mind blowing if you know what I mean. I understand the 980 brings more technology to the table with software, efficiency so on and so forth.. Hopefully with the better non reference cards coming out later with bring better results....Thanks for your input!...

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alton Brown View Post
    Hey Wolverine, I have seen many test results, and I have to say that im not too impressed. The differences from the 2 cards isn't mind blowing if you know what I mean. I understand the 980 brings more technology to the table with software, efficiency so on and so forth.. Hopefully with the better non reference cards coming out later with bring better results....Thanks for your input!...
    Thanks and you answered your own question.There will be better Nvidia gpus coming when AMD shows their 390x.

I just find it remarkable that one could sli 980s and z97 4790k overclock on a Seasonic Platinum 760 watt psu!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2