cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampaging Reboots

NuMetal93
Level 7
I have had the Rampage V Extreme for a little over a week now an i am having this weird issue, every time I turn my pc on about 10 minuets into my usage it randomly trys to reboot. It ges half way through a boot cycle powers off then restarts and works fine for the rest of the time its on. im not shur if its a bios issue my ram and cpu seen to be fine, tested it for a good hour on occt with no issues, temps are fine and am having no other issues. I have not set any overclock on my 5930k yet ive been running every ting at auto or switching my memory to xmp for my 2800mhz ram kit. Ive been putting off overclocking due to this issue. I suspect it may be my psu.

Specks:
i7 5930k
16 gb 2800 mhz ddr4 corsair vengance xpl ram
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
2x Nvidia Gtx 770 ftw in sli
evga 1300 supernova g2 psu
h100i cpu cooler
2x Kingston hyper x 120 gb ssds
2tb segagate hdd
30 REPLIES 30

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, NuMetal93.

What version BIOS are you on? And do the reboots always occur when you're in Windows?

NuMetal93
Level 7
Thanks for the warm welcome!

My bios version is .0403 and it occurs in windows, but when it half boots it does it before the bios screen.

NuMetal93
Level 7
Thanks for the warm welcome!

My bios version is .0403 and it occurs in windows, but when it half boots it does it before the bios screen.

Chino
Level 15
Confirm that you have the 8 pin and 4 pin power cables connected. Also do you switch of your PSU or unplug your PC from the wall when you're not using it?

NuMetal93
Level 7
I leave it all plugged in, so i need both the 8 and 4 pin in not just the 8?

Chino
Level 15
The 4 pin power cable is optional. But it is highly recommended that you plug it in if your PSU has that cable. How old is your PSU?

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Try running your ram without xmp run it at its rated speed of 2133mhz because when setting your ram to 2800mhz it does over clock your CPU a bit I've seen.

okey ill try with both the 4 adn 8 pin in adn my psu is brand new

Shamino
if the reset is before bd then its normal, its done by the memory reference code.
if the reset is at 9x , eg 94 95 96,
it should be a retraining of PCIE devices.
you may also try this latest bios.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz2VRRbLPrZnbTV1YklDWXBXN2s/edit