cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Fan only works after physically pushing it

Andili
Level 7
Hi all,

I previously posted that my GPU fan isn't working and after searching the Net i found numerous people with the same issue.
There was 1 guy who posted that his GPU Fan starts to spin after physically pushing it after a Restart or cold start.

I tryed what he did and it seems to work on my G75 VW as well.

But why would I have to physically push the GPU fan to start spinning??

Any ideas

Cheers..
6 REPLIES 6

Clintlgm
Level 14
Because it is defective and needs to be replaced. Or you can keep on push starting it until it completely fails, then change it out. If you still have warranty RMA it before it runs out.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

The Laptop is almost 3 years old, I am looking into buying the new G 750 JZ but will check the reviews first.
I ordered a replacement fan which will be send from Germany to Turkey.

It is really a Awesome Laptop the G75 apart from the fan.

Thanks Clintlgm ...

You can find the correct fan on eBay, here is a disassemble video that will guide you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KHrJKInmA its an easy fix be very careful with all of the ribbon connections they are delicate and easily damaged. I think if I had to take down a 3 year old G series I would repasted the CPU and GPU while I had it apart!!
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Will do that as well, ordered the Fan and paste.
The video is great exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot.

I will also restore it to factory after changing the fan and reapplying cooling paste.

Maybe you have a link for me showing how to save copy my system files ect. and how to get all my games ect. back on my laptop after the Factory reset.

I would use Macrium Reflect to image your hard drive. If not that do a clean instal,l win 7 images are easy to get same with Win 8.1 Update 1 ISO.
I would not clean disk until after you have reassembled and know your pasting it good to go and everything else. after testing if all is good then do a clean install and reinstall all your software and games.
there have been others here that have actually repasted I would search these threads and get advice from them on doing the actual repasting it's not quite as straight forward as a desktop is. Has to do with pads and stuff I don't know since I haven't actually done this.

Good Luck and be very careful and cautious
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Andili
Level 7