cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VII Hero - Microphone problem/Drivers

Avidity
Level 7
Hello, I have the Asus Maximus VII Hero and I'm currently experiencing an issue where if I talk in game or Ventrilo my microphone volume lowers until it fades out and then fades back in. Is this a drivers issue?

I have downloaded the latest drivers and do not know how to fix this. I also tested another headset and the problem persists.

Any help is appreciated,
Avidity
59 REPLIES 59

Heavylink
Level 7
Hi,

I have the same problem.
I have tried all sound driver available (old and new) and i have updated my BIOS to the most recent version.

The microphone settings are at 100% and the mic boost is at +20db i can go to +30db but id doesn't improve much since the static increases exponentially.

TitaniumFTW
Level 7
Same problem here as Heavylink. But I uninstalled driver from Asus website and I let Windows install his audio driver, with that microphone is loud enough so I don't need to turn on microphone boost but still there's a little bit of static.

Same problem here with the maximus VII ranger.
Please fix this because in teamspeak conversations it is a serious problem....

Dennis_L
Level 7
Same problem with Maximus VII Hero.
There is a lot of static noise.

I had the same problem, using TeamSpeak for the group that I play online games with. When I talked, the mic would just suddenly start to fade to nothing.

After I uninstalled Game First III, I didn't have that problem anymore. As I am not technical savy, I rely on trial and error, and really appreciate all the help everyone posts here.

Thomas_350Z
Level 7
Ok i haven't installed Game First III on my system but there is a software called Sonic Radar II.
I will see if removing that program helps but i think it's a problem with the sounddriver.

After I unistalled Sonic Radar II the problem still exists. I think it's definitely a driver issue.

Avidity
Level 7
I tried downgrading to the previous drivers, still have the fading out issue.

Avidity
Level 7
Reinstalling my OS seems to have solved the issue.