cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750js Wireless Grandias 12v Issue in Win8.1

skajuan
Level 7
Doesnt anyone else had this problem getting to work the wireless grandias 12 v in the asus g750js, it appears that win 8.1 its no compatible with the driver, but i already downloaded the win 8 version driver of the genius webpage, stills keeps the same error, win 8.1 tells me that theres a driver error, and the gamepad its no recognized.

by the way, there is no win 8.1 especific driver in the genius webpage, thats why i used the win 8 driver.

any suggestions will help, cause it seems very confusing that i had another generic usb gamepad (with cord) attached in my laptop and it works very fine.
1 REPLY 1

Kelusion
Level 7
skajuan wrote:
Doesnt anyone else had this problem getting to work the wireless grandias 12 v in the asus g750js, it appears that win 8.1 its no compatible with the driver, but i already downloaded the win 8 version driver of the genius webpage, stills keeps the same error, win 8.1 tells me that theres a driver error, and the gamepad its no recognized.

by the way, there is no win 8.1 especific driver in the genius webpage, thats why i used the win 8 driver.

any suggestions will help, cause it seems very confusing that i had another generic usb gamepad (with cord) attached in my laptop and it works very fine.

I use a Logitech F710 wireless controller, and all I did was just plug the receiver in one of the USB 3.0 ports and it detected it, then started using the Controller after doing some calibrations to tweak it as per my style using the default/advanced settings from the built in Windows 8.1 options under Control Panel > Devices & Printers. I didn't install any driver at all. Did you try this method and see what it picks up automatically instead of forcing a driver on it?

When googling the Grandias Wireless 12V and looking at it's pictures it does seem like the same small wireless receiver of the Logitech F710, however as you mentioned it needing a driver which I doubt I also found the link where they state this driver works with Windows 8.1, try the above method first and then download this to see if it helps at all. I believe it should detect and just start working itself, as I have seen this case with two different companies Wireless Game Controllers, whereby no driver installation was required in order to use them.

When looking on this page of Official Genius Drivers (http://www.geniusnet.com/Genius/wSite/ct?xItem=16785&ctNode=163), it states the latest dated 09-04-2013 but the one I found states dated 16-09-2014 (http://www.solvusoft.com/en/update/drivers/gamepad/genius/maxfire-wireless-grandias-12v/sub-models/), give these two methods a go and hopefully it should resolve :)!
Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!