cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have come here to beg.

Hexecutive
Level 7
So I didn't buy the GTX 760 MARS despite being on M-ITX because it only had 2GB of VRAM. I ended up skipping the entire generation because there was no affordable dual GPU alternative like the MARS, but with enough VRAM.

Now that the baseline spec of the GTX 970 is 4GB, please make a new MARS! Once you go ITX you never go back, after all.

Also, hi!
11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Hello Hexecutive and welcome to the ROG forum.

Asus has the gtx 970 strix. it's not a mars but it's ROG.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello Hexecutive and welcome to the ROG forum.

Asus has the gtx 970 strix. it's not a mars but it's ROG.

That's fine, I'm not in the market for single GPU cards as I'm on mini-ITX and only have one PCIe slot, but thanks.
Edit: Why does it say "AsusVIP" under my name?
Edit2: It's gone now. Huh.

Nate152
I have the Asus VIP under my name and it comes and goes too. I think if you register your motherboard, graphics card in a certain amount of time after you purchase it you become a VIP member.

Nate152 wrote:
I have the Asus VIP under my name and it comes and goes too. I think if you register your motherboard, graphics card in a certain amount of time after you purchase it you become a VIP member.

Oh I see, yeah it's probably either from my P8Z77-I Deluxe W/D, my old laptop or both.

killjoyjim wrote:
welcome to rog

Thanks 😄

killjoyjim
Level 7
welcome to rog

chrsplmr
Level 18
* When you first post a post the VIP appears .. it is part of Security .. verifying that it is a member post and
not spam .. if you refresh after you post you will see it is gone ..

Hex .. Welcome to ROG. .c.

Hexecutive wrote:
That's fine, I'm not in the market for single GPU cards as I'm on mini-ITX and only have one PCIe slot, but thanks.
Edit: Why does it say "AsusVIP" under my name?
Edit2: It's gone now. Huh.

Why are you only into Dual-GPU graphics cards? :confused:
A single AMD R9 290X, GTX980 or GTX970 is more than sufficient as long as you're gaming resolution doesn't exceed 2560x1600. 😉

chrsplmr wrote:
* When you first post a post the VIP appears .. it is part of Security .. verifying that it is a member post and
not spam .. if you refresh after you post you will see it is gone ..

Hex .. Welcome to ROG. .c.

Thanks for explanation @chrsplmr. I thought also it has to do with product registration, but I was wrong 😄
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

ConkersGrillforce1337 wrote:
Why are you only into Dual-GPU graphics cards? :confused:
A single AMD R9 290X, GTX980 or GTX970 is more than sufficient as long as you're gaming resolution doesn't exceed 2560x1600. 😉

Sufficient for most current games yes, but not enough (for my standards) for Star Citizen, The Witcher 3 and The Division, when those come out. 'Next gen' hasn't properly begun yet, once Star Citizen gets its double precision bells and whistles and all the rendering techniques in place, it'll bring a single 970 to its knees. So it's either dual GPU now (as I am in alpha) or wait for a better single-GPU card (one that would push Crysis 3 over the minimum 90 fps barrier)

Once Star Citizen is complete, I don't want to be on a card that can't keep the minimum FPS above 60 on ultra at 1440p.

Hexecutive wrote:
Sufficient for most current games yes, but not enough (for my standards) for Star Citizen, The Witcher 3 and The Division, when those come out. 'Next gen' hasn't properly begun yet, once Star Citizen gets its double precision bells and whistles and all the rendering techniques in place, it'll bring a single 970 to its knees. So it's either dual GPU now (as I am in alpha) or wait for a better single-GPU card (one that would push Crysis 3 over the minimum 90 fps barrier)

Once Star Citizen is complete, I don't want to be on a card that can't keep the minimum FPS above 60 on ultra at 1440p.

Crysis3@1440p on Ultra with 90+FPS on a single GPU, you're living in a dream world, not even GM200 or R9 300series will be able to achieve that.
The Witcher 3 and The Division will be well optimized on Nvidia GPUs because Ubisoft has a partnership with Nvidia, but to keep FPS above 50 you will need to make compromises with AA setting.
You're talking about double precision usage in Star Citizen, well if that's the case, Nvidia cards will suck hard, because since GTX500series this feature is more than crippled on Nvidia cards. If you rely on double precision computing power, then AMD is the only way to go here. AMD graphics cards literally crush Nvidia in those calculations. AMDs R9 295X2 is the only solution here.
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |