cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G71GX-RX05 Problem

Pmadison
Level 7
I've been having a problem where my screen will randomly flicker with white lines.

It lasts anywhere from 2-25 seconds, and will stop if you move the screen.

I have sent it into Asus repair, and they did nothing but run tests and say nothing is wrong.

Here is a video taken from my phone of this happening:

Anyone know what's going on?
6 REPLIES 6

Retired
Not applicable
do you have the latest nvidia drivers and bios?

Retired
Not applicable
you can even try what this guy did at your own risk. it seemed to help a few on NBR

V2-V3
Level 8
It looks like the Data cable for the LCD may be loose and needs to be re seated.

Your video is now not available for viewing, can you please upload a recreation video of the problem?

Mason
Level 10
Ya, if you can upload a video again showing the flickering happening and also provide me with your case number and/or RMA #, I will look into notes and find out what was used to test, etc. Also, with intermittent problems like that, if you can provide us with a procedure that we can do to recreate the problem, that would help a lot. If there's certain things that you can do or programs you run that seems to invoke the screen flickering more often than some other programs then let me know and I can help contact customer service to set up an RMA and I'll make sure when we get it that we test according to the procedure you use to duplicate the problem.

Pmadison
Level 7
This is probably quite a bit late, but securing the LCD data cable did the trick. Sorry it took so long to respond :P.

xeromist
It's still good to know what has successfully fixed problems for future reference so it's never too late 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…