cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To buy Rog Swift or not to buy

Xanoid
Level 7
Hi all,
i am seeing that many people are having issues with the ROG swift monitors. I am planning on buying one but now am concerned that I might get a faulty unit and being in India it is going to take ages to exchange in case of a faulty unit.

what should i do?
Please help.
Maximus VII Formula
Asus Titan X
Intel 4790k
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2133Mhz
Win 8.1 Pro
Intel 730SSD 240GB, Samsung 840Pro 512GB,Samsung 840Pro 512GB
Coolermaster V1200 Platinum PSU
Nzxt Phantom 820,Logitech G710+(Keyboard),G502(Mouse).
14 REPLIES 14

class101
Level 7
Well if you have the money go for it ! You will most likely find only post from people having problems with it because people not having problems are not reporting back and are enjoying it in-game 😉

Xanoid
Level 7
lol i know but there are quiet a few having the same problem.
Maximus VII Formula
Asus Titan X
Intel 4790k
Win 8.1 Pro

ffletchs
Level 10
I'm very happy with mine, 0 dead pixels, almost not BL bleed. Gaming in 1440p 144hz G-sync is heaven 😉 I've had some no-signal/out-of-range issues but not after the latest nvidia driver update

Intel i7-3930k @ 4.7GHz * EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 Ti * MSi X79A-GD65 (8D) * 32GB DDR3 G.Skill RipJaws * SSD's & HDD's * Asus Xonar Essence STX
CPU & VGA Watercooled * CaseLabs T10 * Corsair AX 1200W * Asus PG278Q Rog Swift G-Sync * Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Xanoid
Level 7
Thanks for the info fletch.

Cheers
Maximus VII Formula
Asus Titan X
Intel 4790k
Win 8.1 Pro

In my opinion I'd go for it.

I think the new driver fixed the out of range problem. I used to get it in Far Cry 3 @144mhz, but's that gone since the update. You are always going to have some manufacturing concerns like more than usual light bleed or a stuck pixel, but I do not believe the reports indicate a higher then average amount of that. This was the most anticipated monitor ever and every available unit has sold like hot cakes...into the hands of VERY discerning users. So the reported trouble levels don't give me the impressions of major issues are present.

I run Titan Blacks in SLI and I still see a huge benefit from GSYNC at 144mhz. I'm getting great FPS most of the time naturally but GSYNC keeps things buttery smooth on the occasional FPS drops when image details skyrocket (eg explosions, etc).

If you have the budget I wouldn't hesitate.

Klunty
Level 8
I think mine is a perfect example. Found some great colour/contrast settings as well which make it just about as good as my Crossover IPS was

WickedSoN
Level 7
Waiting to see how ASUS responds to this vertical lines issue that many are noticing in the other thread... Thats a deal breaker at this point.

ExtRemeOcD
Level 7
I'm waiting on 4k gaming until more hardware becomes available. I am quite happy gaming on 3 VG248QE monitors at 144mhz

izzyreb02
Level 9
Well they are releasing 4k Gsync monitor. I don't know if I would like to go 4k including the part where there is no 144hz refresh rate and other stuff. Cause I think for now 4k only runs 60hz.

I think the flickering will always follow us where ever we go when it comes to G-Sync, until there be something else that is better. All we can do is wait for the competition from AMD side of things and see how Nvidia responds to that.