cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling C6 power state in G53SW?

Retired
Not applicable
Hi everyone. I have a dual boot setup on my G53SW, Windows and Ubuntu 11.10. I noticed that it would stay powered on when I try to sleep or hibernate from Ubuntu. A Google search turned up this recent thread on the Ubuntu forums, where a user with a 1215B was having similar troubles. Apparently disabling C6 will solve the problem, but my BIOS doesn't have CPU configuration options anywhere. After some more Googling I stumbled upon this thread, so I downloaded Throttlestop 4.0, but the C State Limit button was greyed out, which apparently means the motherboard manufacturer locked that feature. What do I do now?

My touchpad is also behaving somewhat erratically under Ubuntu (every now and then it won't respond to my finger and I have to lift it and try again, other times the cursor shakes in place for a few seconds) but I can get around that by using a mouse. If anyone has any suggestions for the touchpad issue they're more than welcome, but I'm more concerned with fixing the Sleep/Hibernate issue.
3 REPLIES 3

Chastity
Level 10
You can still disable EIST and C1E and see if that helps.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
Sorry for the late reply. Disabling EIST and C1E didn't help. Does changing the C States in Throttlestop even persist after shutdown, or are those changes active only while the program is running? Either way, I guess I'm stuck with C6 on 'til a new BIOS comes out.

Settings through Throttlestop only apply while the program is running. You can have it autostart and minimize automatically. Look here - http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?3322-Sandybridge-Throttle-Issue-and-Workaround&p=22199&...
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com