Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array mindsignals PC Specs
    mindsignals PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS 3504)
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 2666MHz (4X8G GSKILL F4-2666C15Q-32GRR)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080ti icx SC2 11G-P4-6593-KR
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 1080ti icx SC2 11G-P4-6593-KR
    Sound Cardbuilt-in for optical, FiiO E17 USB DAC for headphones
    Monitor3 x ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 144hz 1440p G-Sync
    Storage #1Main: Samsung 850 Pro-Series 2.5" 512GB SATA III (Gaming: Samsung 840 Evo 2.5" 1TB SATA III)
    Storage #2Other: Crucial M500 (Media: Seagate SV35 3TB 7200RPM SATA 6-Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5")
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 6 heatpipe with Dual NF-A15 140mm/120mm fans
    CaseSilverstone Extended-ATX Tek Aluminum Full Tower, Silver FT04S-W
    Power SupplyEVGA 120-G2-1600-X1 1600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI 80 PLUS GOLD
    Keyboard MaxKeyboard Nighthawk X9 (Cherry MX Red switches)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Wired
    Headset Sennheiser G4MEZERO Black 150-Ohm Closed
    Headset/Speakers Yamaha RX-V475 to Klipsch/Pioneer 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U Wireless-AC2400 Dual-band Gigabit
    Accessory #1 Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard
    Accessory #2 PS4 Controller with DS4Windows 360 emulation
    Accessory #3 Saitek X52 (Standard)

What's odd is there really seems to have been exceedingly limited stock in the first batch (at least in the USA)...which is also why I'm hopeful they've been correcting issues before the next batch, but that is pure speculation (hope?) without any basis on my part.

I STRONGLY agree with you though @pennyboy, as I think 1440p strikes the best hi-res balance. For the current hardware generation, 4k is simply too many pixels to drive, especially if surround, all eye candy, 120+ fps, or 3D is desirable. On top of that, reading will almost certainly require scaling of resolutions to non-4x multiples such as 1440p for the benefit of the screen (as compared to just 1080p scaling) largely limiting its additional usefulness on anything short of a considerably larger screen. That will result in the majority of people scaling to 1/4 4k resolution (in effective pixels) to keep the acuity of reading text such as during browsing.

For me, 1440p presents the best of both worlds and a great compromise between resolution, rendering power required, and readability!

I'm optimistic and hopeful that the PG278Q will satisfy those requirements just about perfectly. Otherwise, I'd have given up on my wait weeks ago.
    Last edited by mindsignals; 10-07-2014 at 12:32 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array izzyreb02 PC Specs
    izzyreb02 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor9900X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DRR4 3200Mhz/F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 2080 OC
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-5
    MonitorMG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 512 M.2
    Storage #22x 2TB WD HDD (DATA), 6TB WD (Games)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Gold 1200Watt
    Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

Quote Originally Posted by BrNone View Post
    Do you have any flickering without G-Sync? What refresh rate are you running on your Windows desktop? Do you have fonts/scaling issues? You can test it setting desktop to 120Hz and comparing different fonts on ULMB "on" and "off" setting.
    But ofc I re-watch the video on this link again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_FzXxGVNi4 (Watch it at 54:18) and it did make a point about what would happen if we go lower on the frame per second.. I don't know if they can somehow manage to stop the flickering when the frame goes under that even tho we are running on a game menu or such. I'd just hope it doesn't hurt the panel or make it do funny things.

Love the swift. All pixels accounted for and flicker, lag and tear free.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by izzyreb02 View Post
    But ofc I re-watch the video on this link again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_FzXxGVNi4 (Watch it at 54:18) and it did make a point about what would happen if we go lower on the frame per second.. I don't know if they can somehow manage to stop the flickering when the frame goes under that even tho we are running on a game menu or such. I'd just hope it doesn't hurt the panel or make it do funny things.
    Did you listen to the whole part of the presentation? This is how all monitors work when you dip below the monitor's lowest refresh rate, it has nothing to do with GSYNC. There's no way to stop this flickering except to have a more powerful video card that can actually put out framerate higher than 30 fps.

izzyreb02 PC Specs
    Processor9900X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DRR4 3200Mhz/F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    MonitorMG279Q
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by NavasC View Post
    Did you listen to the whole part of the presentation? This is how all monitors work when you dip below the monitor's lowest refresh rate, it has nothing to do with GSYNC. There's no way to stop this flickering except to have a more powerful video card that can actually put out framerate higher than 30 fps.
    Mhm I did. But the prob is we have to put up with games that flicker in game menu cause the game manufacture cap the frame rate.

I don't think many games have <30fps cap in menu. Mouse movements will be rough at such fps. You can capture fps in menu with tools like fraps to clear the issue. For example, CS:GO has a 120 fps default limit in menu. Mine flickers there, but it's probably just faulty one. Another case is loading screens. In that cases - yes it could be the thing. Because when resources are loaded fps can become very low at some moments.
    Intel i5-2500K // ASUS Sabertooth P67 MB (BIOS 3602) // 8GB RAM // ASUS Nvidia Geforce TITAN (BIOS 80.10.39.00.0A) // Windows 7x64 with all latest updates and drivers // ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q // ASUS RT-AC68U

in bf4 between maps ( loading screen ) is capped at 30fps.

izzyreb02 PC Specs
    Processor9900X
    MonitorMG279Q
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BrNone View Post
    I don't think many games have <30fps cap in menu. Mouse movements will be rough at such fps. You can capture fps in menu with tools like fraps to clear the issue. For example, CS:GO has a 120 fps default limit in menu. Mine flickers there, but it's probably just faulty one. Another case is loading screens. In that cases - yes it could be the thing. Because when resources are loaded fps can become very low at some moments.
    I'd just tried CS:Go and the menu hasn't flicker there. But I guess it culd also vary on the game engine and I tried other games like Quake 4 and it flickers on the loading screen and I think it flicker in the menu as well. But on the game itself its all fine.

The only experience I only have at the moment is Hard drive loading interference and it could be relate to how my hard drive (WD Black Edition) is just not fast enough to cope the data quick enough on game data or something. I was thinking later in track I get either a Samsung Pro or Evo and put them on Raid to avoid that. But at the same time I'm thinking if that will ever solve that. Cause all I want is my game to run without any hard drive interference during the scene which cause the sluttering a bit to continue at the start of the game.

New ROGer Array

Has anyone tried a game that is capped to 30fps such a NFS:Rivals? I want this monitor, but there just seem to be so many problems with it being reported everywhere I look. I realize more people report the negative stuff than those with no problems, but in this case it seems like a higher bad to good ratio than usual.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array pennyboy PC Specs
    pennyboy PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XI Hero
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA XC Ultra GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Sound CardAsus Supreme FX Onboard
    MonitorASUS PG278Q Swift 27" GSYNC
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 1 tb
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo 500 gb
    CPU CoolerCoolerMaster 360ML RGB
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1200 AXi
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Diamondback Chroma
    Headset Razer Kraken Chroma
    Mouse Pad Razer Scarab - Battlefield 3 theme
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-680
    OS Windows 10 x64 1809

Quote Originally Posted by Bob422 View Post
    Has anyone tried a game that is capped to 30fps such a NFS:Rivals? I want this monitor, but there just seem to be so many problems with it being reported everywhere I look. I realize more people report the negative stuff than those with no problems, but in this case it seems like a higher bad to good ratio than usual.
    I didn't try NFS: Rivals for the 1 day I had my SWIFT before sending it back. The store I purchased it from have just tested my Swift and confirmed the dead pixel/dark circle around it fault. A credit note has been drawn up for me, so i'm just waiting for new stock to arrive. So frustrating that ASUS can't keep up with the demand, but not surprising because the monitor is awesome. Personally, from using the monitor for only 1 day don't let the negative reviews put off from getting this monitor, it is awesome however just pray you get a panel with no defects because if your unlucky like me you will be waiting weeks for a replacement due to a severe shortage . In the meantime I have no monitor, I tried using an old 60hz thing loaned to me but I can't enjoying gaming on it so gave it back. I sold my old ASUS 24" 1080p 120hz to help pay for the SWIFT, I wish I didn't now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast