cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift ordered :)

pennyboy
Level 9
Have placed my order and stock arrives on the 30th Sept. All going well I should have my new Swift next Friday just in time for the weekend 🙂 Cant wait.
27 REPLIES 27

mdzcpa
Level 12
Enjoy the goodness!

I was more pleased with mine than I even expected 🙂

class101
Level 7
this will be perfect with your sli, i'm also planning a 970sli to get a stabler gsync effect, hope you will enjoy it

pennyboy
Level 9
Thanks guys, Monitor should be here tomorrow. I would love to go a 980 SLI setup but don't have the funds for that so will have a wait a while. Might even skip the 980 and get whatever is next as my 780s run everything perfect.

Hey all, the ROG SWIFT Monitor arrived last week and let me say, this is the best monitor I have ever used for gaming by a LONG way!. G-Sync is awesome and the 2560x1440 res is a big step up from my old 1080p setup. Unfortunately my screen arrived with 1 dead pixel, I debated whether or not to just put up with the dead pixel as I waited so long for the monitor to arrive in the first place plus there is no stock left in the country to get a replacement straight away :(. Anyways in the end I decided I paid all that money, I deserve a perfect panel. So its now been sent back to the shop I bought it from and I am now waiting for a replacement Swift that should arrive sometime early Nov. SIGH, that monitor was gaming bliss and I miss her, but that dead pixel was causing my OCD to flare up! 😄

mindsignals
Level 9
I rather hope they've been working to correct the issues many others have reported...I've had three on order since early September through shopblt. Originally, they were expected 9/7 for my first panel and 9/23 for the second and third, but the date has been repeatedly moved back (currently to Oct. 17th). Were there an equal alternative (with G-Sync, 120+ hz, 1440p) I'd have already switched, but it feels like there's no choice but to wait it out (and of course, by now, I just expect the date to get bumped out again and again).

I've now got my entire new system up and running except for the awesome displays I've been anticipating seemingly for forever. I can only guess they did an initial batch which has long-since been sold out, and a subsequent one hopefully with fixes to the many complaints forum users have posted about...at least I hope so.

Like you say, I really hope that the next batch all the problems have been ironed out. Man if my replacement screen turns up with a problem, I will cry!
For me this monitor is the holy grail, I always dreamed about a monitor that could do 2560x1440 @ 144hz this was before Gsync was even a twinkle in Nvidia's eyes, so to have G-Sync is the cherry on the top. 4k panels, I have seen them in the shops and they are over rated... for me 60hz is a no go zone for gaming, I can't do it plus the graphics hardware to run at high frames isn't out there in my opinion.
Its not surprising ASUS can't keep up with the demand with the SWIFT, but its frustrating. However, I am not going to sit here and curse out ASUS because after all they actually were the first ones to develop this awesome panel, but yeah the fact a monitor is going out with faults isn't a good look but as long as I get a new panel with no faults I will be one very happy customer. Nov seems soo long away though:(

What's odd is there really seems to have been exceedingly limited stock in the first batch (at least in the USA)...which is also why I'm hopeful they've been correcting issues before the next batch, but that is pure speculation (hope?) without any basis on my part.

I STRONGLY agree with you though @pennyboy, as I think 1440p strikes the best hi-res balance. For the current hardware generation, 4k is simply too many pixels to drive, especially if surround, all eye candy, 120+ fps, or 3D is desirable. On top of that, reading will almost certainly require scaling of resolutions to non-4x multiples such as 1440p for the benefit of the screen (as compared to just 1080p scaling) largely limiting its additional usefulness on anything short of a considerably larger screen. That will result in the majority of people scaling to 1/4 4k resolution (in effective pixels) to keep the acuity of reading text such as during browsing.

For me, 1440p presents the best of both worlds and a great compromise between resolution, rendering power required, and readability!

I'm optimistic and hopeful that the PG278Q will satisfy those requirements just about perfectly. 🙂 Otherwise, I'd have given up on my wait weeks ago.

izzyreb02
Level 9
Sorry to hijack your thread here, but I just got mine at the store today. I absolutely love the monitor. I had to do things before I even purchase it so the monitor could fit on my computer table (like cd rack table rack) I have witness flicker in g-sync when I kno games like Ghost Menu is capped to like 30 and it was flickering abit time to time but after I load the game n start playing it was running fine. I just hope they fix the flickering and it has to relate to the G-Sync driver itself that needs to be stable without that flicker interfering the game or game menu when its capped under 40 frames per second.

My previous monitor is my 144hz Asus VG248QE and it was a lovely monitor back in those days, but I want to go higher res in my current games, in which this monitor does give.

I'd just hope I don't run into any problems with the monitor.

Do you have any flickering without G-Sync? What refresh rate are you running on your Windows desktop? Do you have fonts/scaling issues? You can test it setting desktop to 120Hz and comparing different fonts on ULMB "on" and "off" setting.
Intel i5-2500K // ASUS Sabertooth P67 MB (BIOS 3602) // 8GB RAM // ASUS Nvidia Geforce TITAN (BIOS 80.10.39.00.0A) // Windows 7x64 with all latest updates and drivers // ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q // ASUS RT-AC68U