cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q vertical lines in blue range

rochyroch
Level 7
Got my Swift yesterday and was enjoying it, but today i've noticed dark vertical lines only in the blue range from the centre of the screen right over to the far right edge.
It wasn't like that when i first got it,
(Edit) It probably was, just noticed the lines don't really show up when refresh is set to 60hz & thats what i was using when i first got the monitor, anything above 60hz & they appear 144hz being the worst.
i used http://jasonfarrell.com/misc/deadpixeltest.php to check RGB for dead pixels and everything was fine.
I noticed faint lines when playing some games today & when checking a with a solid blue background it really shows up the problem.
Any ideas, or has this Swift gotta go back?

Shame really this monitor has hugh potential but from what i've been seeing a lot of problems.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

logzz
Level 7
Take it back. I just checked on mine and it does not have that. How ever I do get the effect for a brief second in games sometimes although its very hard to notice. Im just waiting to give 3d a go on the swift I hope to god these don't show up this bad in 3d. Is this smiliar to the inversion effect people are talking about that shows up in games for a split second or so on explosions and stuff?

rochyroch
Level 7
Just checked with another DP cable, still the same.
This is not an inversion effect, screen set to 2560x1440 @ 144hz with the contrast set to anything above 50 its really noticeable on blue like the
blue test on http://jasonfarrell.com/misc/deadpixeltest.php?p=5
It only effects the right half of the screen.
It will be going back to Amazon.

I have the same problem except it's on the left half of the screen. Mine is red lines.
My photos are poor quality but in real life my problem looks like your picture.
I have zoomed in for the second photo so you can see the lines.
Playing around with the contrast and colour settings can either help or make it worse.
Will be taking this monitor back for a replacement on Tuesday since this must be a manufacturing fault.