cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift pg278q question/issue

Veracis
Level 7
I just received my monitor 3 days ago. Huge upgrade.
One issue i have noticed and I am trying to figure out if its My monitor or all monitors of this time.

In essence the 2 games I play, Diablo 3 and World of tanks. When i move anything text based (overhead markers etc) and even the tanks in WOT become very blurry. This only happens when i "look around". If i am driving straight and tanks are driving around me everything is perfectly clear.

I looked online about inversion patterns and it seems to replicate the issue I am seeing. Now I thought G-sync and 144mhz should reduce this effect.
http://www.testufo.com/#test=inversion&pattern=thick-color-bars&ppf=11

FYI I have tried the monitor at 144mhz and 120mhz (with the games resolution matching). With both G-sync enabled and disabled. This effect is actually more noticible at 144mhz setting.

Rig is in the sig.

Any help appreciated. in every other situation so far the monitor has been fantastic.
i7-4770k @4.2 | EVGA 780ti | Maximus VI Hero | Seasonic 1000W Platinum | Seidon 120v AIO
Trident X 16GB 2400 | Samsung EVO 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | CM 690 III

Logitech G400 Mouse | G710 Keyboard | Razor gaming headset
ROG Swift pg278q G-Sync Monitor
2 REPLIES 2

jholt
Level 7
I havent noticed it running my machine Ive played some archage but if the text is different we could be detting different results, i would go into the games menu and uncheck motion blur or depth of field or basically anything that adds blurriness for realism

Veracis
Level 7
Polling rate is 1000, Motion blur set to none. Set the max prerendered frames to 1. It may be a function of LCD screens and just be more noticible to me since i just increased to 1440p
i7-4770k @4.2 | EVGA 780ti | Maximus VI Hero | Seasonic 1000W Platinum | Seidon 120v AIO
Trident X 16GB 2400 | Samsung EVO 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | CM 690 III

Logitech G400 Mouse | G710 Keyboard | Razor gaming headset
ROG Swift pg278q G-Sync Monitor