cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking failed, Error 55 *updated*

Klunty
Level 8
Hello

I've been getting this error on and off since day 1 with this board. Maybe 10 times in total.

No pattern to it, PC can be on for several days before it happens or on for an hour. Can be while gaming or idle.

PC resets, then restarts with all the lights pulsing/flashing and Q-code 55 (memory not installed). This has happened with all the bios' that have been available (on 0008 right now).

I've tried reseating the RAM, reseating the CPU, checked for bent pins (can't see any), cleaned the cpu pads with 99.9% alc just incase.

What else could I try?

Oh yeah and it's completely standard, no OC.

Help a brother out....:p
57 REPLIES 57

Klunty
Level 8
Intel 5930k, Rampage V Extreme, Asus DCUII 780 SLI, Corsair LPX 16Gb DD4 2600MHz, Sammy 840 Evo 500Gb SSD, Crucial 256Gb SSD, Corsair RM1000, Corsair 540 Air, Asus ROG Swift

Chino
Level 15
You did not specify the heatsink you're using. Nevertheless, verify that it's installed properly and that you haven't overtightened the screws. Make sure you're using the red slots for your RAM and that they are seated properly. Also confirm that you have the extra 4 pin power cable connected to your motherboard as well. Then proceed to do the following:

1. Clear your CMOS.
2. Download the 0705 BIOS onto a freshly formatted FAT32 USB pendrive.
3. Update your BIOS using the EZ Flash Utility.
4. Once the process is finished, shutdown your computer.
5. Clear your CMOS again.
6. Upon powering up your system, go into the BIOS.
7. Press F5 to load the optimized defaults, save and restart.

Use your system for a few days. And report back your results.

Chino wrote:
You did not specify the heatsink you're using. Nevertheless, verify that it's installed properly and that you haven't overtightened the screws. Make sure you're using the red slots for your RAM and that they are seated properly. Also confirm that you have the extra 4 pin power cable connected to your motherboard as well. Then proceed to do the following:

1. Clear your CMOS.
2. Download the 0705 BIOS onto a freshly formatted FAT32 USB pendrive.
3. Update your BIOS using the EZ Flash Utility.
4. Once the process is finished, shutdown your computer.
5. Clear your CMOS again.
6. Upon powering up your system, go into the BIOS.
7. Press F5 to load the optimized defaults, save and restart.

Use your system for a few days. And report back your results.

Has the error again. 😞

Klunty
Level 8
Ok, how is the 0705 bios different from the 0008 bios?

I'm using the H100i cooler, I only go finger tight. I will do as instructed and report back. :cool:

Klunty
Level 8
Forgot to mention I have a Soundblaster Z that I temporarily removed just to check it's not causing the issue

Raja
Level 13
YOu may have a faulty memory module.

Klunty
Level 8
I figured that so i've been trying to test them but they keep passing with memtest86+, any other ideas on how to test ram?

Klunty
Level 8
Anyone?
I've tested the ram with several different programs bot windows and dos versions not had any errors

What is the recommended bios at the moment?