cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rig always Boots, then powers off then boots again, after that, works fine... WTF?

Hyper_Droid
Level 8
As the title says, for easily 5-6 months whenever I boot my Rig, she powers on for maybe 3 seconds, then powers off for 1-2 seconds, then Boots back on. After that, she doesn't power-off again. It seems "normal" as it never has powered off more than once and never has booted fine. This began to happen after a 3.5-4.6GHz OC... Any ideas as to why this occurs?

I decided to ignore it until something "different" would happen, but NEVER has it rebooted twice or simply not to reboot. R¡That's why I never did anything about it. But now I want to fix this as it's beginning to agitate me...

I thought of lowering the clock, which I did, and dropped it back to 4.5GHz, but made no difference. I don't think it has to do with clock speeds or voltage. Not to mention I have never got a PC error thanks to this issue. My PSU is perfectly capable of handling the Wattage as my PSU can withstand 1200W (Seasonic X-1250)... Any ideas?
Maximus VI Formula I Intel I7 4770K I Corsair Vengeance 16Gb @1600Mhz I 240 GB Corsair Force GS Series SSD I WD Caviar Black 2TB I Corsair H100i I Seasonic 1250w I Corsair Obsidian 800D I 2x Sapphire R9 290s (2x4GB) in Crossfire I 3x BenQ 2450hm 24" in Eyefinity I Razer Chimaera Headset I Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. Mouse I Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard

Youtube: HyperDroids // Instagram: @latesttech4all
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hello Hyper Droid

When your pc goes into a boot loop like that it usually means your overclock is not stable. You could start again from scratch.

What voltage do you have for 4.5-4.6GHz?

Costas
Level 10
Sounds like the normal double boot scenario - Which is normal.

You will find that if you overclock or change certain parameters in the bios, your pc will always perform a double boot when powering up IF the power supply has been switched off.

If the pc is shutdown but the power supply is left ON, you will find that the pc will boot once.

The reason for the double boot when the power supply has also been switched off is that the mobo performs some quick tests (eg mem retraining etc) on the first quick boot and it will then reboot a second time before loading the OS.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey Hyper 🙂

Yeah, Costas has it...normal "cold boot" double boot....

Hey Arne!!! Long time no see! 😄

And yeah, I thought it must me normal because it doesn't do ANYTHING strange apart from that.

And no, don't ask me about my Voltage n'stuff because I know everything there is FINE. I know how to do that right 😉

I'm just not very familiar with the whole concept of the double boot on a RoG system... It seems strange the way it needs to do that and that it can't just power-up like a normal system. (Probably the one thing I don't seem understand...)
Maximus VI Formula I Intel I7 4770K I Corsair Vengeance 16Gb @1600Mhz I 240 GB Corsair Force GS Series SSD I WD Caviar Black 2TB I Corsair H100i I Seasonic 1250w I Corsair Obsidian 800D I 2x Sapphire R9 290s (2x4GB) in Crossfire I 3x BenQ 2450hm 24" in Eyefinity I Razer Chimaera Headset I Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. Mouse I Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard

Youtube: HyperDroids // Instagram: @latesttech4all