cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M7 Impact Audio Problems

chang3d
Level 7
I've tried multiple headsets/speakers, so I'm confused. I've used this case with this same front panel with an ASRock Z77E-ITX and the audio from that is proper stereo. So I can rule out it being the front panel.

Is the HD Audio for the front panel audio supposed to be mono and not stereo? Or maybe it is stereo, but it's playing sound through both L&R at the same time while also at a lower volume. Using the line out in the back panel works properly L&R.

As for the microphones, both mic ins from front and back fades in and out. Also, I cannot set up microphone or speech recognition with Microsoft's tools. I get a "Wizard cannot launch - The Wizard cannot start" error.

I've tested with these:
Audio Technica AD700 with Modmic
Astro A40 with the PC audio wires
Some cheap Plantronics headset
And some really old Altec Lansing stereo speakers

Is this a huge driver issue?
3 REPLIES 3

Phuncz
Level 7
Have you tried uninstalling the drivers and installing the drivers from the board specifically ? I also needed to do this in order to activate the connector repurposing so I could use 5.1 surround from the rear three stereo jacks.
● Ncase M1 - N° 0796 + Sharkoon SilentStorm SFX Gold
● Asus Maximus VII Impact + 2x 8GB Crucial VLP 1600MHz
● Intel Core i5-4670K + Scythe Kabuto 2 (NF-F12 PWM fans)
● AMD Radeon R9 290X + Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV (NF-F12 PWM fans)
● Samsung 830 256GB SSD

Phuncz wrote:
Have you tried uninstalling the drivers and installing the drivers from the board specifically ? I also needed to do this in order to activate the connector repurposing so I could use 5.1 surround from the rear three stereo jacks.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers 3 times. I have no problems doing a 5.0 setup (no sub readily available). The front panel is always mono or something. And the mic will always fade in and out.

chang3d
Level 7
I plugged my AT AD700 in the back and my line out is mono at least for a minute or so before it fixed itself... This is just so confusing. I wish someone from ASUS tells me something.