New ROGer Array

M7 Impact Audio Problems

I've tried multiple headsets/speakers, so I'm confused. I've used this case with this same front panel with an ASRock Z77E-ITX and the audio from that is proper stereo. So I can rule out it being the front panel.

Is the HD Audio for the front panel audio supposed to be mono and not stereo? Or maybe it is stereo, but it's playing sound through both L&R at the same time while also at a lower volume. Using the line out in the back panel works properly L&R.

As for the microphones, both mic ins from front and back fades in and out. Also, I cannot set up microphone or speech recognition with Microsoft's tools. I get a "Wizard cannot launch - The Wizard cannot start" error.

I've tested with these:
    Audio Technica AD700 with Modmic
    Astro A40 with the PC audio wires
    Some cheap Plantronics headset
    And some really old Altec Lansing stereo speakers

Is this a huge driver issue?
    Last edited by chang3d; 10-03-2014 at 05:19 PM.

ROG Member Array Phuncz PC Specs
    Phuncz PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VII Impact
    ProcessorIntel Core i5-4670K
    Memory (part number)2x 8GB Crucial VLP 1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon R9 290X
    Storage #1Samsung 830 256GB SSD
    CPU CoolerScythe Kabuto 2
    CaseNcase M1 - N° 0796
    Power SupplySharkoon SilentStorm SFX Gold

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers and installing the drivers from the board specifically ? I also needed to do this in order to activate the connector repurposing so I could use 5.1 surround from the rear three stereo jacks.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Phuncz View Post
    Have you tried uninstalling the drivers and installing the drivers from the board specifically ? I also needed to do this in order to activate the connector repurposing so I could use 5.1 surround from the rear three stereo jacks.
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers 3 times. I have no problems doing a 5.0 setup (no sub readily available). The front panel is always mono or something. And the mic will always fade in and out.

New ROGer Array

I plugged my AT AD700 in the back and my line out is mono at least for a minute or so before it fixed itself... This is just so confusing. I wish someone from ASUS tells me something.