cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Charger+ port

unknownsolo
Level 7
Hello All,

I just wanted to know which port is the AI Charger+ port? I looked in the manual and it does not mention it. My iPhone 6 is charging way too slow.

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Use any of the USB 3.0 ports. Make sure you've activated the AI Charger+ function in AI Suite III.

Whats the difference between AI Charger+ and USB Charger+? When I use USB charger+ it detects that I have an iPhone and gives me the Apple profile.

Also, I know this is not supposed to work on hubs, but will it work on the USB3 mobo header to the front case USBs?

Chino
Level 15
AI Charger+ was designed specifically for Apple devices like the Iphone, Ipad and the Ipod. USB Charger+, on the other hand, works with devices from other makers. As far as I know, both features work with the front USB panel. But you can test it for yourself. I might be wrong. 😛

Chino wrote:
AI Charger+ was designed specifically for Apple devices like the Iphone, Ipad and the Ipod. USB Charger+, on the other hand, works with devices from other makers. As far as I know, both features work with the front USB panel. But you can test it for yourself. I might be wrong. 😛

Chino, Thank you very much for that info. I just tested and it does not work with the front USB. both AI Charger+ and USB Charger+ when enabled should charge your device when the PC is off. except for the front USB, when the PC is off, none of the front USBs work. However, the back ones still work. Im not a pro but I guess someone more pro can go as far as testing the Amps of the ports and verify.

I was just wondering why the two different software? AI Charger+ and USB Charger+, does one pumps out more Amps than the other? I tried searching this info but didn't find any. I really hope someone that knows can answer.

Hello,

Has anyone experienced any issues with turning on AI Charger+ where the motherboard was exhausting *some extremely bad odor? *I had it happen to me last night when I did it on one of our rigs, we have a few R5E10. * We had to open all the house windows for all the stink to start to go away but there was no smoke anywhere.

Eleiyas
Level 10
A bad smell?

that would suggest something melting or burning away...

either way, it isn't good. I would recommend giving that motherboard a very thorough check-over for burn marks or melted plastic.

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
A bad smell?

that would suggest something melting or burning away...

either way, it isn't good. I would recommend giving that motherboard a very thorough check-over for burn marks or melted plastic.
Any suggestions on which section to look for chips that's responsible for AI Charger+ ? *The board is buried underneath a lot of liquid cooling parts/equipment. *If I can see the area without taking the whole day just to inspect the board that would be nice.

Eleiyas
Level 10
well, hmm, check the USB ports to be sure

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
well, hmm, check the USB ports to be sure
I'll do that soon as I get time to check everything and let you know or I can just keep it enabled and leave it powered on outside my backyard and watch it smoke, it would be easier to see the burn marks 🙂

Edit. *I wanted to add that this motherboard fried my first 6950x overclocked at 4.5GHz, I didn't notice but it applied 1.3v+ on the VCSA using the 5 way optimization as the base OC. *I would also have this Bose USB speaker system and would make a loud hum while it is posting until it gets to the OS then it stops. *It seems to have started after the fried chip but not 100% sure. *The hum stops if I unplug the power from the unit and plug it back in but after a few days of turning the computer on and off the hum would come back and I would need to unplug the power and plug it in again to reset it. *Sometimes when I don't wait long enough on unplugging it the hum is still there. *I also lose my keyboard controls randomly once in a while after booting into windows and I would have to use the power button. *I have a few other rigs in the house with the exact same motherboard and mine seems to be the only one that loses the keyboard control but then again this is the only one using the Bose speaker system. * I am not sure if that's whats causing it but I have tried different USB ports. *I actually didn't sit down and tried it on a different port that's on a different chip, I should have thinking about it now. *I just don't know if it's the motherboard or the Bose speaker system.