ROG Enthusiast Array

Cool Triple Boot Win7, Win8, Ubuntu.

i just recently performed a clean install of windows 7 in my asus g750js, and while i was having so much fun playing i realize that i can try installing win 8 and linux as well.

i leave this screenshots just for people to know that in deed, the g750js its a great rig and can be usefull for more things than just gaming.

FYI: i use win7 for games, win8 for work and ubuntu for messing around

ubuntu
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuih2ov4d6...20X64.png?dl=0

win7
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wzp6nosi0...20X64.png?dl=0

win8
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bp1jjlie5...20X64.png?dl=0

see you later

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by skajuan View Post
    i just recently performed a clean install of windows 7 in my asus g750js, and while i was having so much fun playing i realize that i can try installing win 8 and linux as well.

i leave this screenshots just for people to know that in deed, the g750js its a great rig and can be usefull for more things than just gaming.

FYI: i use win7 for games, win8 for work and ubuntu for messing around

ubuntu
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuih2ov4d6...20X64.png?dl=0

win7
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wzp6nosi0...20X64.png?dl=0

win8
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bp1jjlie5...20X64.png?dl=0

see you later
    skajuan, congrats on the Triple boot on your G750JS

Can you please put together detailed installation instructions for the Triple boot? And, what you need to do for each OS to bring it up to date for drivers - repos - and config tweaks to get it all working?

Also, you now have more than 5 posts so you can upload images to the Asus Forum, which is a good idea as over the long term external hosted files and images tend to disappear.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    skajuan, congrats on the Triple boot on your G750JS

Can you please put together detailed installation instructions for the Triple boot? And, what you need to do for each OS to bring it up to date for drivers - repos - and config tweaks to get it all working?

Also, you now have more than 5 posts so you can upload images to the Asus Forum, which is a good idea as over the long term external hosted files and images tend to disappear.
    thanks for the information i didn't know about the five post rule but its great to hear that now i can upload images directly.

it will be a pleasure to post a new thread detailing all the steps to achieve the triple boot, just need to gather all the information, but before anything, i must say that the credits go for an user on maxgeeks forums, it will be a problem if a give an outside link of asus rog forums?

thanks for the congrats

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by skajuan View Post
    thanks for the information i didn't know about the five post rule but its great to hear that now i can upload images directly.

it will be a pleasure to post a new thread detailing all the steps to achieve the triple boot, just need to gather all the information, but before anything, i must say that the credits go for an user on maxgeeks forums, it will be a problem if a give an outside link of asus rog forums?

thanks for the congrats
    skajuan, it is always good to cite the originator of a method, and even providing a link is nice, but making the content local - listing the steps and images here, might be longer lasting.

You can always email the original poster and ask if you can repost the steps here.

Likely as not you probably came up with your own steps outside the steps he provided, so please do add those steps / items in sequence as you found them to be fixed.

I usually have a single host OS and boot up VM Guests of other OS's - so far that is working for me on the JH - all my games are working on Windows 8.1 with performance numbers the same or better than others on Windows - so I am happy with the single boot, but I know others would like to make a triple boot for themselves, so it will be a welcome post

Thanks skajuan!
    Last edited by hmscott; 10-04-2014 at 01:46 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

GREAT!!!!!!!

i`ll be posting here as soon as i get all the information in order for a better understanding, thanks for your reply men

and yes its great to have a triple boot, cause it may come handy when you love to experiment on new software and applications

see u soon