cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus and Windows 10 Preview

Florin
Level 7
I know it`s early to ask .. but is there any driver for windows 10 on the way ?

I mean the sound card works just fine in Windows 10 with 2 problems. You can`t install it directly trough the Setup since it will tell you the OS is not supported. You have to use Driver Update from Device Manager and point it to the installation folder. This means you have to manually start the Asus Phoebus App to control inputs. And the second is the Dolby Home Theather app that doesn`t work at all...

I know usually with a new OS if the driver is OK you can only change a line in the INF files to be accepted by the Setup.. but i have no idea where to look.

My system runs just fine Win 10 Preview except the Dolby app.. meaning you can`t use any equalizer.
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit
41 REPLIES 41

Florin
Level 7
Not even 1 answer... there`s better tech support for a crappy Realtek Onboard Sound card than this Phoebus ....
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

Operation_Nadet
Level 7
Hello Florin,
Windows 10 is not final, it is a Beta. Why should Asus release a driver for an OS what is not yet released?
We have to wait for the final version of Windows 10 to get a driver by Asus!
Mainboard:ASUS +6H
GPU: GTX 1080 Auros Gigabyte
CPU: R5 1600X stock
PSU: Be quiet straight power 10 500W
RAM: Trident Z DDR4 3600 @3,2 Ghz CL16

Don`t get me wrong. I already stated that i know it`s early for an early driver.. but i look around the forum and usually in the Phoebus part is total silence. And amazingly the card works under Windows 10.. only the Dolby part doesn`t ... i thought that maybe someone around here would have an ideea or tried something.

Iam still trying to get my phoebus to work with Windows 8.1 second RMA, in 30 Days since purchase?????

We have a higher chance of winning a $1 billion lottery jackpot than seeing another driver for the Phoebus, It's had like 2 drivers in its lifetime for Windows 7 and 1 for windows 8.1 and it's been out for nearly 2 and a half years.

I think it's safe to say companies don't really care about perfecting their soundcard drivers anymore like a few years ago.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

From Microsoft regarding Windows 10 Preview:

Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything. Some printers and other hardware might not work, and some software might not install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs. You might also have trouble connecting to home or corporate networks.

Unsupported hardware/software is part of the experience. If expecting otherwise it would probably be best to go back to an official retail operating system.

Florin
Level 7
The card works great except the microphone that is buzzing like hell when used with Phoebus.. never had this problem with my old Creative cards or onboard cartds... But this alone will drive me to buy a card from the competitors next time. I also hate that i have to use an additional PCI-E power to drive the card, Creative gets away without any why does Phoebus really needs it i have no clue.

You can install Windows 8.1 64 bit driver manually (can't say anything about 32 bit version). It located here: ...\Phoebus-8.1.1.35-3.21(CR-WHQL)\WIN81(WHQL)\SoftwareDriver\Driver\x64\. Worked for me. However software install has failed, but it was expected.

Florin
Level 7
The driver works , what doesn`t work is the Dolby Home Theater application that comes with the soundcard. Without that this Phoebus card is nothing special over the on-board soundcard.