Graphics Card #4Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub x 2
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster X AE-9 + Custom RGB Backplate
    MonitorAsus ROG Strix XG248Q 24" 1080P 240Hz
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB + WD Heatsink
    Storage #2Western Digital Caviar Black 6TB + 6TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Pro + 6 x Corsair HDRGB 120mm Fans
    CaseCorsair 680 X - Red + 3 x Corsair HDRGB 120/140mm Fans
    Power SupplyCorsair RMi 1000w + Black Cablemod Kit
    Keyboard Asus ROG "Claymore 100%" RGB Cherry MX Blue + Black PBT Double Shot Keycaps
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Sennheiser 660s
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm + DT990 Pro 250 Ohm
    OS Windows 10 - Professional 64 Bit Edition
    Accessory #1 Beyerdynamic Fox Pro + Mic Arm + Shock Mount
    Accessory #2 Corsair ST100 x 2
    Accessory #3 Asus ROG Spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by Florin View Post
    The driver works , what doesn`t work is the Dolby Home Theater application that comes with the soundcard. Without that this Phoebus card is nothing special over the on-board soundcard.
    I honestly don't expect Asus to release another driver update, We're still waiting for the sonic radar type feature that we got told would be included in a driver update months and months ago.

I think it's safe to say Asus have dropped support for the Phoebus.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Pretty much yes, even Raja is not coming to spread some more bull around here anymore. Anyway, i'm saving moneys for a new card when win 10 gets released, probably a ZxR this time.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Florin's Avatar

The bad part is that Creative`s driver support is just as crappy as ASUS`s driver support, had Creative card in the past and 1 driver / year at least it was 3 times cheaper than this Phoebus ... Anyway ... bought the Phoebus for it`s amplifier and software.. the card itself is not worth all this money.
    i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

New ROGer Array

The bad part is that Creative`s driver support is just as crappy as ASUS`s driver support, had Creative card in the past and 1 driver / year at least it was 3 times cheaper than this Phoebus ... Anyway ... bought the Phoebus for it`s amplifier and software.. the card itself is not worth all this money.
    They put it on sale in Sweden, bought it for roughly 100 US dollars. Don't know if I should send it back now though since everyone is speculating that there won't be any support for Windows 10.

The support will come, but what bothers me is that this except from Essence is their top Sound Card... and for a company as big as Asus they should be able to squeeze a beta driver for windows 10 .. i mean how different can it be from 8 since it works already but not the Dolby app (for now). If the card is running fine atm you don`t need to change anything. But if i was to make again the purchase i would go for a creative one.. no more power cables and no mic humming...but same poor software support.
    i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

New ROGer Array

The support will come, but what bothers me is that this except from Essence is their top Sound Card... and for a company as big as Asus they should be able to squeeze a beta driver for windows 10 .. i mean how different can it be from 8 since it works already but not the Dolby app (for now). If the card is running fine atm you don`t need to change anything. But if i was to make again the purchase i would go for a creative one.. no more power cables and no mic humming...but same poor software support.
    So the mic will hum/buzz even if you use your own microphone? :/ Becuase I wanted to connect my Astro A40 to the Volume control from the Asus.

Yes, i have buzz/hum on my mic input , even if i only plug a simple cable the hum/buzz is still there meaning that the culprit is the sound card.. but there are people that don`t have this issue .. it might be that my PC doesn`t have a grounding since all electric sockets in my house don`t have this grounding.

My fix is a 5$ USB mic from ebay, had to change the condenser mic inside with a better one, but it does it`s job, thing is you pay premium cash for a sound card that buzzes while the on-board has no issues, in rest i`m very pleased with it, sounds amazing, works amazing.
    Last edited by Florin; 11-15-2014 at 06:54 AM.

ROG Member Array m33ts4k0z PC Specs
    m33ts4k0z PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti SuperClocked+
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti SuperClocked+
    Sound CardAsus ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo 7.1
    MonitorBenQ 32" BL3201PT 4K
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe SSD 950 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2Western Digital Black 1TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    CaseCooler Master HAF 932
    Power SupplyFractal Design Newton R3 1000W Platinum
    Keyboard QPad MK-85
    Mouse Anker 8500DPI Laser Mouse
    Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Mouse Pad Logitech
    OS Windows 10 Pro

This buzzing was the reason I bought a phoebus solo card. I used the Realtek HD and had this buzzing in such a level that it was higher than the sound of the games/applications when using my Tiamat 7.1 in 7.1 mode. Realtek was reducing the application volume a lot while in 7.1.

Luckily this card works great for me appart from a small glitch in Dragon Age Inquisition that I described in another thread. No buzzing or any noise at all. It might be your headphones/speakers or motherboard that don't have EMI shielding.

EDIT: The problem in DA:I was the sample rate being too high.
    Last edited by m33ts4k0z; 12-08-2014 at 08:38 PM.

The motherboard is not for sure , been trough 3 till now 1 gigabyte 970-DS3P and Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z for my AMD rig and now Asus Maximus VII Ranger, the same symptoms on all 3 regardless of the position on the PCI slots on the MB.

I don`t use gaming headphones with mic in them (i have Audio Technica M50) and few separate microphones and lavaliers, all giving me the same noise. I thought it was the grounding problem since the sockets in my room didn`t have this, fixed the grounding, some of the buzzing disappeared but the noise is still present. The only constant that remained into my system was the PSU.

ROG Member Array m33ts4k0z PC Specs
    m33ts4k0z PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti SuperClocked+
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti SuperClocked+
    Sound CardAsus ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo 7.1
    MonitorBenQ 32" BL3201PT 4K
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe SSD 950 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2Western Digital Black 1TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    CaseCooler Master HAF 932
    Power SupplyFractal Design Newton R3 1000W Platinum
    Keyboard QPad MK-85
    Mouse Anker 8500DPI Laser Mouse
    Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Mouse Pad Logitech
    OS Windows 10 Pro

The motherboard is not for sure , been trough 3 till now 1 gigabyte 970-DS3P and Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z for my AMD rig and now Asus Maximus VII Ranger, the same symptoms on all 3 regardless of the position on the PCI slots on the MB.

I don`t use gaming headphones with mic in them (i have Audio Technica M50) and few separate microphones and lavaliers, all giving me the same noise. I thought it was the grounding problem since the sockets in my room didn`t have this, fixed the grounding, some of the buzzing disappeared but the noise is still present. The only constant that remained into my system was the PSU.
    The grounding isn't the issue since my power socket isn't grounded either. The motherboards and especially the Maximus are EMI shielded but I'm not sure about your headphones. Whats your PSU?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast