cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any major issues with Rampage V Extreme or?

TWP-WOLF
Level 7
Dear ASUS.

I'm planing to build me a new computer with Asus Rampage V Extreme as a base. But after observing the downloads for the motherboard for some time I got the feeling that there are some major issues with that motherboard. The reason for that is that you have not updated any of the download for a long time and specially the BIOS that are the same since 5/9 2014.

With all the respect to ASUSTeK company integrity, is there a revision 2 of Rampage V Extreme expected or am I totally wrong is this matter? Normally you come out with new softwares, drives and BIOS regular when a new computer product has enter the market.

Your Sincerely, Bengt "WOLF" Johansson.

The WOLF is Neither People's Competitor Nor His Enemy.
The WOLF is a Fellow Creature With Whom The Earth Must Be Shared.
10 REPLIES 10

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I'm not ASUS but ill share my Input With new hardware always comes problems but its the risk you take, No major problems ill list a few i have got so far.

Dead BIOS chip (Didn't work from day one)
Asmedia USB3 (Some times it disconnects my devices randomly like my keyboard and mouse)
Error codes on boot some times BD or BF codes which are ether to do with ram compatibility or voltages ( BIOS UPDATES NEEDED)

About BIOS updates there are a load of new versions BETAs and Also a Public release floating around the forum more like Asus hasn't updated the BIOS download page yet.

BIOS's

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Well, the wagging tongues have it that Intel released the Haswell-E CPUs earlier than expected and caught board and RAM manufacturers a bit on the hop...

And as always early adopters have to be patient ironing out wrinkles...

The guys from ASUS are working on BIOSes...some of the recent bets BIOSes are available here...0705....0008

I have the system in my signature up and running flawlessly http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?51770-Phoenix-Arne-s-RVE-build

So, major issues...I don't think so...maybe just the normal issues with a new evolving platform...

TWP-WOLF
Level 7
Thank you mates for your answering up on my post.

I did get some feelings regarding the motherboard, but it seems to be wrong though.

Strange that they don't update their web page for the Rampage V Extreme since i don't know where to find the softwares except for motherboard page.

Thanks again.

Regards, WOLF.

Chino
Level 15
As for any new platform, bugs are bound to appear. And they affect all the motherboard manufacturers on a whole. Not just ASUS motherboards. The difference is that ASUS dedicates more time to iron out these bugs. If you google the internet for other brands, you'll see that ASUS is more consistent with their BIOS updates and are leagues above the others.

There are no revisión 2 for the Rampage V Extreme. So don't expect any. Regarding software and drivers, they will be updated on the support page when need to be.

TWP-WOLF
Level 7
Dear Chino.

Thank you for your answer.

This was just an open question.

I have used ASUS products since ages as well as working as computer technician so I got some knowledge about it mate 🙂

I am still a little surprised that the download of Asus Rampage V Extreme motherboard isn’t more frequent updated which has been standard regarding the other ASUS ROG motherboards I have had.

Regards, WOLF.

spamhead
Level 7
I have seen throughout this forum there have been teething problems with the board which is to be expected. I have to say though my board has performed without issue on Bios 603. I have done the first stage of OC with the CPU to 3.5 GHz and the Memory at 2800 and i have found no issues at all.

Very happy.....
Obsidian 800D Case
Rampage Extreme 5 X99
Intel i7 5960x Extreme Edition
Corsair H100i Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16G 2800 MHz
Samsung XP941 512 GB (Boot)
2 x M500 SSD Crucial (Raid 0)
4 x WD 2TB (RAID 5)
2 x GFX 780 TI Kingpin (SLI)

Norsten
Level 7
I seem to have a lot of issues with regards to USB devices and booting the PC. I often need to unplug a device before it will boot to desktop.
I think it might have do to with the ASmedia USB 3 ports on the back panel (though I am not sure if this it Bios or driver related) I've ordered a 4 port USB slot bracket so that I can connect to the 4 mid-board ports (Intel chipset USB 3.0) -hopefully that might resolve these issues.

techanalyst
Level 7
Ill share my point of view:

Pros:

Overclock, set my 5960s multi to 45, set to 1.4v and she's been running for 4 days straight without any issues
Stability with or without my OC has been rock solid

Cons:

Give me 10xSata ports and can only utilize six for a raid 😛 kinda weak, was hoping to drop my LSI controller but doesn't seem to be happening
The ROG Panel seems to be a nice to have more than anything else

Generally speaking, its a motherboard, I will be adding two G.Skill 32GB ram 3000MHz kits later this week when they arrive, as long as all goes well I will be a happy camper.

Note: Weird that people are having issues with USB, I have six devices plugged in, even a deathstalker ultimate and I've experienced no USB issues

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I don't get many USB problems i just did a reinstall of windows and will test out the default driver, As i was getting problems with my keyboard and mouse disconnecting when playing a few games on the 2nd row of ports above the network port seems like the ports next to the network port have no problems.