Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Alright so here's the list of things to factor out.
    -Displayport cable: I have tried 3 different displayport cables (high/low end, different manufacturer, even adapters). - NO LUCK
    -GPU: I have 4 different gpus (GTX 570, 670, 770 and 980). I have tried all four GPUs with the monitor - NO LUCK
    -GPU Drivers: I have tried recent (10/22/14) and rolled back drivers (turned off/on g-sync) - NO LUCK
    -Overheating: Left my monitor off for about 3 days now (nothing plugged in), just turned it back on this morning. - NO LUCK

So this leads me to believe that this could be a panel/g-sync module issue (basically the things I don't directly have access to). I wouldn't mind taking it apart and see whats up but, I like my warranty to stay intact.
    Now I've mentioned this in a previous threat but my problem it exactly the same as all of yours (blurry text, flickering, pixel inversion). And all of this randomly popped in one day while I was reading an article on the monitor, and noticed the text got a little funky. But like I said my problem is only apparent on 3/4 of my monitor starting from the left side going alittle past the center of the screen. The other 1/4 (the right side) is free of this issue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0125.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	42605

The side highlighted with the red box is the area not affected by this issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0127.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	42613

This is a close up to show the difference between the affected side (left) vs not affected side (right).
    Look closely at the letters (s, c, g and e) on the left window vs. the right window. The picture doesn't look as bad, but looking at it in person reveals how bad it is. I choose to show white on black text because the camera can actually pick it up. By the way my monitor is set on 144hz at 2560x1440. And the problem persists through out all refresh rates (far worst on 120hz, icons and pictures were edgy).

So in the end I might just return it, since I'm within return policy. Or try to exchange it (although its still fairly out of stock in most places). But please let us know what the service center reveals about this issue.

Wow, it's interesting about working 1/4 of a screen.
    I hope service will find that problems. I will give a report here.
    Intel i5-2500K // ASUS Sabertooth P67 MB (BIOS 3602) // 8GB RAM // ASUS Nvidia Geforce TITAN (BIOS 80.10.39.00.0A) // Windows 7x64 with all latest updates and drivers // ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q // ASUS RT-AC68U

ROG Member Array

Same problem, only thing is that full screen is affected, happened after a month of normal use out of the blue. When in 120Hz mode (with back light turned on only during frame drawing), everything is fine. Is there any fix for this? If not i have to send the monitor back to god knows where (got it from Amazon)

New ROGer Array

I'm having the exact same issue: only affected on the left 3/4 of the screen, unaffected on the right 1/4. It happened to me exactly the same way as for you: reading an article on a website, then all of a sudden blurry text..

I contacted ASUS for RMA, they're coming for the monitor tomorrow.. wondering how long it'll take them to replace it, but I don't have high hopes, as it's out of stock in my country as well..

Mine is still in service.
    It's so discouraging having so many quality problems with high-cost ROG product. Cmon, ASUS!
    Intel i5-2500K // ASUS Sabertooth P67 MB (BIOS 3602) // 8GB RAM // ASUS Nvidia Geforce TITAN (BIOS 80.10.39.00.0A) // Windows 7x64 with all latest updates and drivers // ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q // ASUS RT-AC68U

New ROGer Array

I had this issue when I first got my monitor, at 144hz only, 120hz and lower was fine. Blurry text and flickering near the top of my screen. Any explanations why it came and went like that? I'm worried it might be a recurring problem.

ROG Enthusiast Array Shadowarez's Avatar

Probably the Overclocked Gsync Module they shoulda considered active cooling or some sorta cooling. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yeah, this just started happening to me in the last 2 days after a couple months of flawless activity. Subtle horizontal lines across the screen, blurry text, and the right edge of the screen flickering in GSYNC and ULMB mode. If I turn off the monitor and unplug it for a couple minutes it resolves but that's obviously not a long term solution.

Could indeed be a heat issue? That would explain why unplugging it for a couple minutes "fixes" it; the monitor cools off.

New ROGer Array

This problem is recurring for me (at 144hz), but only for the first couple minutes of using my computer. Doesn't make any sense to me. If it were overheating, wouldn't it be the opposite?

New ROGer Array

Got stuck with the same issue today so I'll be calling Asus to get this one replaced. What's interesting is that this isn't the first time it happened. It's been an intermittent problem that until today disappeared when unplugging the monitor. This time it's not going away though.

I did find a way to hide the problem. By setting the monitor to 120 hz and enabling ULMB the issue goes away. Any refresh rate other than that has various issues with 144 being the worst with both flicker, pulsing and blur. The main reason I got the monitor is of course G-Sync so this is in no way a solution. I hope I get a replacement ASAP because I really loved the monitor up to this point. It's a real shame stuff like this happens but that's life I guess.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast