Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Ugh, turning off my monitor for a while no longer fixes the problem. Permanent subtle lines across the screen (which is what causes the "blurry" text) and flickering along the right side of the monitor. RMA TIME. Never had to return equipment this big/expensive before, hope it isnt too painful.

ROG Enthusiast Array

After several days of continuous problems I got up yesterday and turned on the monitor in order to start the return process... and the problem was gone and has not repeated itself for 48 hours. I don't understand how it could spontaneously resolve like that. If it happens again I'm taking video and pictures of the problem so I can document it.

ROG Member Array

Mine is now working as it should but it has gone from bad->ok->bad->ok in the past week. I am about to send it for repair, the only reason i have waited for two weeks is that i got it from Amazon.de and it turns out i have to ship it to the retailer which is in Italy and pay for shipping
    What a mess! The monitor is perfect when working but seeing all these problems i would advise everyone to stay away until they sort this out. I just wissh i could get a refund or get a 4k non-gsync monitor until the technology has matured

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array izzyreb02 PC Specs
    izzyreb02 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor9900X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DRR4 3200Mhz/F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 2080 OC
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-5
    MonitorMG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 512 M.2
    Storage #22x 2TB WD HDD (DATA), 6TB WD (Games)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Gold 1200Watt
    Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

From what I also hear.. But this is in my Region and Country. Is that my Asus Service can also do monitors by customers. So you don't always have to go where your reseller is to handle the RMA. Since they can also get it directly from you if you want a Quicker RMA procedure.

Cause I asked of where I brought the monitor from and they tell me their procedure before sending it to them to Asus. But said if you want a quicker RMA, you can take it to Asus Service Centre yourself and get things done quicker.
    Last edited by izzyreb02; 11-15-2014 at 11:42 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by izzyreb02
    From what I also hear.. But this is in my Region and Country. Is that my Asus Service can also do monitors by customers. So you don't always have to go where your reseller is to handle the RMA. Since they can also get it directly from you if you want a Quicker RMA procedure.

Cause I asked of where I brought the monitor from and they tell me their procedure before sending it to them to Asus. But said if you want a quicker RMA, you can take it to Asus Service Centre yourself and get things done quicker.
    well lucky you, that's not the case with Asus support Greece. I have contacted them and they said that i have to send it back to the retailer

ROG Enthusiast Array

ASUS´ european service is a friggin joke. Worst I have seen from a tech company so far. Sending stuff to retailers where you bought it is a friggin joke in the time of the internet. I buy stuff all around the world, yet ASUS sees fit to require shipping to retailers for a friggin 800€ device.
    I am so mad at ASUS and their crappy service, unbelievable.

OP here. My monitor service is finally ready. They changed the LCD matrix, and at least for 2 days testing there is no artifacts from the original post! Such a great monitor now! Hope this will not get worse again. To clear the things: with G-Sync there is still some backlight flickering in some loading screens where FPS is below 30 - that's normal. About vertical lines - I don't know. Sometimes I think I see them when moving bright objects on dark background looking from 1cm from the screen. But I don't notice it when playing games or other everyday routines.
    Intel i5-2500K // ASUS Sabertooth P67 MB (BIOS 3602) // 8GB RAM // ASUS Nvidia Geforce TITAN (BIOS 80.10.39.00.0A) // Windows 7x64 with all latest updates and drivers // ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q // ASUS RT-AC68U

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BrNone View Post
    OP here. My monitor service is finally ready. They changed the LCD matrix, and at least for 2 days testing there is no artifacts from the original post! Such a great monitor now! Hope this will not get worse again. To clear the things: with G-Sync there is still some backlight flickering in some loading screens where FPS is below 30 - that's normal. About vertical lines - I don't know. Sometimes I think I see them when moving bright objects on dark background looking from 1cm from the screen. But I don't notice it when playing games or other everyday routines.
    Yea mine is the same with the lines issue in 2d they appear for a very short time. you think you see them and you do but they go away very quick. In 3d they are just constant but i think this is as good as its gonna get

ROG Member Array

Well looks like I got a bad panel as well.

Had it for 2-3 months now and now I get blurry text on any refresh rate below 120 and I also get a constant flicker or pulsing. Anyone have any suggestions. I spent $800+ on this monitor and it's broken already. Don't think I'm going with Asus after this anymore.

Funny thing is if I turn on ULMB mode which is the mode I was using when it first happened it goes back to normal on every refresh rate. I've tried the cable from the gsync benq which doesn't have nearly as many issues as this panel. It wouldn't even take the BENQ DP cable unless in the third slot and the max refresh was 85hz.

ROG Enthusiast Array

This is normal behaviour....at least for this defect. With ULMB it will work, but your display is basically broken. You need to get it replaced....it will get worse and most likely at some point ULMB will fail aswell.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast