Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    New ROGer Array

Hi everyone,
    I'm on this boat too. Suddenly the fonts got messy and flickering even while loading OS. Quick workaround for me was to decrease the refresh rate from 144 to 60. Fonts are still messy but the display is not flickering, or I can't notice it anylonger.
    I'm running 2x Geforce 770.
    Hope this helps to pass the Christmas time. I will see in Jan how this works with the service
    Cheers

ROG Enthusiast Array

is this the problem you on about. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141215_022453.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	408.4 KB 
ID:	44328

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141215_022500.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	383.4 KB 
ID:	44329

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141211_112557.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	303.4 KB 
ID:	44330

New ROGer Array

It's been a while since the last post, but I've recently started experiencing the same problem. So going to send my screen to ASUS service centre.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyUA View Post
    It's been a while since the last post, but I've recently started experiencing the same problem. So going to send my screen to ASUS service centre.
    Same problem here, but no solution yet, i read all this and no one set for a solution if was the panel or g-sync problem.
    In my Pg278q using the ULMB at 120hz, appear to be normal, but when i set to another frequency like 60hz or 144hz begin the blurry letters.
    If I remove the monitor from the energy about 20 minutes, when I tuner on again the blurry disappear, but, after few minutes they comes back.
    If anyone have a solution, please, help.

Best regards.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BrNone View Post
    So I bought ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q in Russia and after first few days it gives me more problems.
    Main concerns are blurry text and g-sync backlight flicker.

1. Blurry text. I don't remember was it first day issue or not but the thing is - text looking like it's scaled but resolution is native. And when you turn on the ULMB function text is suddenly crisp and clear. In windows desktop there is no difference in using other refresh rates or OD settings. But in CS:GO game the text is more clear in lower refresh rates when using turbo-button. To illustrate my point I took some photo from ASUS site main page.

Normal Mode DP 2560x1440@120Hz

ULMB Mode DP 2560x1440@120Hz

You can easily see damged font even in thumbails, but click images an see other aspects of obviously scaled text. Another example

Normal Mode DP 2560x1440@120Hz

ULMB Mode DP 2560x1440@120Hz

But I noticed that the monitor don't have a scaler itself. In Nvidia control panel it says you can only use GPU scaling. And if you change resolution, it still says 2560x1440 on monitos OSD. So, I have a hope here: maybe it's a bug with nvidia drivers and GPU scaling?

2. Backlight flicker with g-sync.
    When I first tried g-sync I didn't see this effect. But now it became far more pronounced. Here is the video, best watch it 1080p fullscreen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8xAKSF50WY
    (G-Sync Mode DP 2560x1440@144Hz)

It's more pronounced with that gray console window. And there is no flickering without g-sync there. But hey, I did buy that panel for g-sync.

Of course there is no such problems with my other monitors. I tried run PG278Q as a single monitor, unpluging other one. I tried to change DP cable. I tried to clean reinstall nvidia dtriver. No effect.

My system:
    Intel i5-2500K
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 MB (BIOS 3602)
    8GB RAM
    ASUS Nvidia Geforce TITAN (BIOS 80.10.39.00.0A)
    Windows 7x64 with all latest updates and drivers
    Nvidia 344.11 Driver
    Wow first time im seeing exactly my issue... all my text looks like your normal mode images. i have 32vq i know its freesync and i got nvidia card didnt bother... no way i can obtain that sharpness of text like in ulmb mode? i tried everything i could im almost givin up + think/thought it was defective-ish...

any input greatly appreciated ^^

good day

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Please check the pixel response (OD) setting in the monitors settings. Set this to off. If still an issue, please contact your retailer for an exchange.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4