Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Yeah I read that, what does that even mean?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

You take your business to another ISP that gives you better performance.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Member Array

So I really hope I'm in the right place. I just joined the ROG forum. =)

I have a few questions --

A) Should I keep any of this ASUS/Intel brand software that comes stock with the G Series (G47, BBK7 Best Buy Version in particular)? I'd hate to delete something and then find out that my Turbo mode/fan speeds got messed with...or something like that.

B) Is overclocking feasible? Would it require more than just MSI Afterburner? In other words, would I have to go into BIOS or get separate software to control fan speeds, etc.? Things like that?

C) Is something wrong with this keyboard/touchpad? It seems...finicky.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by msr265; 01-14-2012 at 08:59 AM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by msr265 View Post
    A) Should I keep any of this ASUS/Intel brand software that comes stock with the G Series (G47, BBK7 Best Buy Version in particular)? I'd hate to delete something and then find out that my Turbo mode/fan speeds got messed with...or something like that.
    Welcome to the forum. Don't uninstall Intel software, as that's probably needed. (Chipset, WLAN drivers, etc.) Any Asus software except the ATK Package can be uninstalled without impacting functionalality....the Asus programs are optional add-ons.

B) Is overclocking feasible? Would it require more than just MSI Afterburner? In other words, would I have to go into BIOS or get separate software to control fan speeds, etc.? Things like that?
    The G74 BIOS doesn't allow overclocking. There's very little in there that can be user-customized.

C) Is something wrong with this keyboard/touchpad? It seems...finicky.

Thanks in advance!
    It helps to update to the latest BIOS and ATK Package, and then to tweak the touchpoad settings a little to accommodate your usage. I.e., if you tend to brush the touchpad while you type, you may need to adjust the settings in the TP driver that account for that.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI EXTREME
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)32gb GSkill FlareX 3200mhzC14
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE 1080 ti EXTREME
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME 500GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 951 M.2 PCIe AHCI 512GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT kRAKEN X62
    CaseCOOLERMASTER MAKER 5T
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM850X
    Keyboard LOGITECH K850 WIRELESS BACKLIT
    Mouse LOGITECH M570 TRACKBALL WIRELESS
    Headset 2.4GHz Wireless Headphones with Detachable Mic and Rechargeable Battery
    Mouse Pad LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
    Headset/Speakers VIZIO SOUND BAR, SUBWOOFER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by AQUASTEVAE View Post
    which throttle stop version is better right now, 3.0 or 4.0?
    HELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! is it possible to get a quick answer, after a day and a half of being ignored?
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

I don't use Throttlestop, so I can't comment. Maybe posting in the Throttlestop thread would draw responses from people who know a lot about that program and the differences between the versions.

ROG Member Array

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

Aaaaaaand Here's another batch-

a) Every time I calibrate my color and save, I'll restart, and it'll go back to stock defaults. Any idea what's happening here?

b) so if I do overclock the card ever-so-mildly, is it safe to assume that the fans will automatically keep up?

c) is there a way to update BIOS/Chipset WITHOUT using a flash drive, or something of the sort? ......yep....I'm that much of a newbie

d) what's the best way to deactivate all this stock crap from my computer? regedit, msconfig, services? and what exactly is this ATK Package?

Thanks a lot.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI EXTREME
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)32gb GSkill FlareX 3200mhzC14
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE 1080 ti EXTREME
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME 500GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 951 M.2 PCIe AHCI 512GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT kRAKEN X62
    CaseCOOLERMASTER MAKER 5T
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM850X
    Keyboard LOGITECH K850 WIRELESS BACKLIT
    Mouse LOGITECH M570 TRACKBALL WIRELESS
    Headset 2.4GHz Wireless Headphones with Detachable Mic and Rechargeable Battery
    Mouse Pad LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
    Headset/Speakers VIZIO SOUND BAR, SUBWOOFER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    I don't use Throttlestop, so I can't comment. Maybe posting in the Throttlestop thread would draw responses from people who know a lot about that program and the differences between the versions.
    ooooook. thought jr would answer it, since its his thread.

Quote Originally Posted by msr265 View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

Aaaaaaand Here's another batch-

a) Every time I calibrate my color and save, I'll restart, and it'll go back to stock defaults. Any idea what's happening here?

b) so if I do overclock the card ever-so-mildly, is it safe to assume that the fans will automatically keep up?

c) is there a way to update BIOS/Chipset WITHOUT using a flash drive, or something of the sort? ......yep....I'm that much of a newbie

d) what's the best way to deactivate all this stock crap from my computer? regedit, msconfig, services? and what exactly is this ATK Package?

Thanks a lot.
    a. sounds like you need to update your video driver, or at the very least reload it.
    b. if you are that much of a newbie, i wouldn't suggest that you try to overclock anything. but yes, the fans will keep up.
    c. you need some external media so that you can flash it within the cmos. usb drives are very convenient for this.
    d. the best way is to reload windows from a clean version that has nothing to do with asus. but that's something you will have to research and learn about. the second best way, is to go to control panel, then programs and features, and click on the asus programs to uninstall them. and that would be the easiest for you. the atk package is an asus software program to make your fn keys, and other keyboard shortcuts, functional. you do want that program on your system. hope this helps.
    Last edited by AQUASTEVAE; 01-15-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array fuzon1337's Avatar

Hi JRd1st

I might have found a interesting program called WhoCrashed that you could take look at (if you want).
    It finds the dumpfile that the computer makes when it crashes and then you can use this program to find out why it crashed and perhaps find a solution to it
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
    - BIOS 205

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array JRd1st's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fuzon1337 View Post
    Hi JRd1st

I might have found a interesting program called WhoCrashed that you could take look at (if you want).
    It finds the dumpfile that the computer makes when it crashes and then you can use this program to find out why it crashed and perhaps find a solution to it
    Thanks. I just downloaded it and I'll check it out soon.
    Read the User's Manual for more info.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
    Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
    Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast