cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerful AMD rig

Cody_Irwin
Level 10
So, It's been awhile since I personally been to ROG Forums maybe a couple of years besides the usual P67 MIVE issue with usb 3.0 after 3 years of RMA trouble regarding my GPU's and ruining my relationship indefinitely with Asus, thought id at-least share my build which features the Asus Crosshair V Formula Z.

This is my way of maybe coming back, as I just got the cold shoulder after this all happened. So if someone from Asus wants to talk about it later on, feel free to PM me and talk.

This is the system specs and Final pic before getting new memory in.

•Chassis: Thermaltake Chaser A41 Snow Edition —–> Switched to a Fractal Design arc midi R2
•CPU: AMD FX-9590
•Memory: Kingston Hyper X khx18c9t2k4/16x —-> Bad Memory using Avexir DDR3 1600 temporarily.
•Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
•Powersupply: Inwin Commander II 1200w
•CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Seidon 120M
•GPU: AMD XFX R9-295×2 (With Asetek AIO CLC)
•HDD’s: 120gb Kingston SSDNow V+200, 30gb Sata II OCZ Vertex, 1tb Seagate Hybrid Drive Momentus XT
•EXTRAS: Coolermaster Excalibur Fans
4 REPLIES 4

Menthol
Level 14
Cody_Irwin welcome back sorry to here about your prior experience, you have a very nice build there, don't see enough AMD builds

totalrognoob
Level 7
Welcome home, sure looks like you've packed a lot of punch into a small case.

MeanMachine
Level 13
G'Day Cody_Irwin, Welcome back and its nice to meet you.

I too decided to build an AMD FX-9590 and CVFZ. A beast of a build to be sure, but I for one, have not been disappointed.
It will be interesting to see some benchmark and Stress testing results using the Seidon 120M, should you wish to share your experiences and results?
I haven't seen as yet a review or comments regarding your choice of cooling for this CPU, so It will be interesting. ( as you undoubtedly know the CPU and MB VRMs get hot and fast, adequate fans and cooling go a long ways to taming this beast.)

Congrats on a very nice build and trust your experience with ROG is fruitful and much better this time around.:D
MM
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Cody_Irwin
Level 10
Thanks everyone, also MeanMachine the only downfall on this board is the terrible Soundcard, its nothing special what so ever, and I mean this.
It can not handle even my microphone like a dedicated soundcard as it requires some high specs, but at the same time you would think it should be able to be handled, but nope Everyone just hears me as bassy and echoed , and it doesn't have a 4.1 to 2.1 option for speakers, where it just makes the rear surround as a rear speaker jack clone, I have to plug in the front and back panel to get all 4 speakers to work how I want regarding 4.1. But thats just me as I like 2.1 but 2 extra speakers for my music ect.

Menthol, I totally agree, There really is not enough AMD Builds these days, and I just had to come and do it, I am positive on both setups regarding Intel vs amd and nvidia vs amd, and I wanted to move back to my roots and am not having a problem so I still enjoy it.

TotalRogNoob, Thanks, Yeah a mid tower chassis these days is hard to come by with the room, But then again I had won some stuff and wanted to use it too, and this chassis is from a previous project, so I gave my buddy a whole rig as well with the chassis I first used.