CPU: Intel I7-4770K
MB: Asus Maximus VII Impact
VGA: Asus Ares III
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2400Mhz 2x8GB
SSD: 1 x Samsung 840 pro 128GB & 1 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
PSU: Corsair AXi860w

WC parts:
CPU/MB blok: EK - ASUS M6I
RAM blok EK - Monarch x 2 m. Ram modul og dertilhørende ny Clean CSQ Acetal top.
Res + Pump: EK - Xres 100 m. Laing DDC 3.2 pumpe.
Radiator 1 x Aphacool 240 30mm rad & 1x Alphacool 140 Monsta rad.
Fittings: 13/10mm Bitspower black compression fittings
Tubing: 13/10mm Primochill LRT flex tubing.

I have recently done my WC build and i tried to power on the system.
Everything start spinning except i dont get any display on my monitor only a black screen.

I open up the MB and see that the CPU Red led is on.
I searched forum etc. and contactet Asus on mail (havent got a respone yet)
I just want to check if i can do some more things to see if it can be fixed now.

I have done following things:
Checked both 8 pin and 24 pin thats it were securely tighten in the connectors.
Checked that the 8 pin were a CPU on not a PCIE one.
I have tried unplugging cables one by one until i only had 24 pin and 8 pin and it still lid.
Tried switching PSU and attach 24 pin/8 pin.
I have pressed the CMOS reset button at the IO.
The CPU should work since i had it from a previous build.

I havent removed the block for looking if there is bend pin, i looked at it before i placed CPU in and if im not correct it seemed fine.
The MOBO is bend a bit where the Graphic card is, dont know if thats the issue hmm.

Do anyone have some thoughts whats wrong ?

Cheers.
7 REPLIES 7

Arniebomba
Level 9
Try using default settings in your bios. I have the same problem. If i start up in XMP, i get a black screen. When i start up in default, there's no problem. I hope this will get solved with a new bios update.

Arniebomba wrote:
Try using default settings in your bios. I have the same problem. If i start up in XMP, i get a black screen. When i start up in default, there's no problem. I hope this will get solved with a new bios update.

But i cant even get to the BIOS ? how should i then use default settings?

Arniebomba
Level 9
Reset your bios.
Though i have to say that even that doesnt work properly. I have to reset almost everytime before i can use my pc..

Any tech staff that could help us out?

sebbie
Level 7
I had a defect CPU, so now that issue is solved, i now have another issue so tired of this !

When i start up PC it wont boot to windows log screen, i will have to go to BIOS and manually choose the SSD where i have installed windows.
I also have another LED lid this time, now its the Bootdevice LED which is lid before i choose my SSD to boot to from BIOS then it disappears.

Arniebomba
Level 9
Marshall? Raja? Anyone??

sebbie
Level 7
I have found the solution !!

Totally my fault.
Since i have not installed a fan for the CPU header on my mobo, i keep getting the error when booting up, so i went to BIOS and disabled the CPU fan header since the rig is fully WC with a fancontroller and now it all WORKS ! so no defect Mobo so happy. :D:D

Arniebomba
Level 9
Perfect!
I'll open a thread for my problems later on.
Enjoy your mobo!