cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Degrees Celsius heat please help

rakista88
Level 7
Hello, I have been using my laptop (ASUS ROG G75VX) for about 2 and a half years. It is facing a heat problem. It just feels really hot.
So I checked the status using GPU SHARK .

On Idle, my temperature is 41 degrees Celsius. But when doing something else like watching movies; surfing the net, the temperatures rise to 50 to 60 degrees Celsius. (even if I have a fan pointed at my laptop directly 😞 )

This is the specs of my laptop:

The hottest I have is when I am gaming. It rises around more than 90 degrees Celsius (Plaing Shadow of Mordor in the lowest settings @ 720p, which is still amazing)

What should I do? Nope, my laptop is not overclocked. I was planning on overclocking but after I looked at my stats, it got me freaked out

Should I put in a new thermal compound? If so, what brand would you suggest? I saw in posts here that most people here uses IC Diamond thermal paste/compound. Is it worth it?

I'm scared that the heat might destroy my graphics card. Please help! 😞
ASUS ROG G75VX (Windows 8.1)
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
17.3" Full HD 3D (1920x1080) LED Backlight
DR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 12GB
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
3 REPLIES 3

chrsplmr
Level 18
After 2 1/2 years sounds like a good cleaning and repaste is in order ..
If you are not familiar with doing such work as repasting it's best left to a professional ..

If you have animals .. especially cats they are notorious for gunk'n up computers ..
you may have a blanket growing in there. A fresh can of air may blow it out nicely .. but ..
it should really be disassembled ..

Best of Luck. Please keep us posted. Welcome to ROG. .c.

chrsplmr wrote:
A fresh can of air may blow it out nicely .. but ..
it should really be disassembled ..

Yes, it should absolutely be disassembled. But, if you start with a can of air, PLEASE pin the fans so they don't over-spin - you WILL burn out your fan bearings.

Z

rakista88
Level 7
Woah, i completely forgot about this thread. Thanks guys. My temps magically went down after re-pasting it with IC Diamond 🙂 And now I have more problems because my laptop dropped :3 haha
ASUS ROG G75VX (Windows 8.1)
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
17.3" Full HD 3D (1920x1080) LED Backlight
DR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 12GB
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM