cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help please! "unable to find asus bios"

Vizard
Level 7
due to some problems i had to wipe my drive and install windows 8 and not the Asus factory windows 8 im not sure what to do now i would like to contact the manufacturer to see if i ca get a disk but im not sure where to start.

i had a shop do it because best buy wanted 200$ and i got a legit place to do it for 60$

im starting by installing these http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VX&p=3&s=388&os=36&hashedid=UgUoqhOZ5INGuDIu

then i plan on downloading a asus driver updater thingy

or can i have advice i am out of my comfort zone right now.

it says unable to find asus bios it seems that even the flash utility etc dosnt recognize it as asus notebook anymore
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Vizard wrote:

it says unable to find asus bios it seems that even the flash utility etc dosnt recognize it as asus notebook anymore

Make sure the Intel Chipset Driver has been installed too, but sounds like you were using ASUS Winflash to check the bios and don't forget to install the ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities V1.0.0026 under the 'utilities' section to get the software to recognize your ASUS notebook (ATK stands for ASUSTek as far as I know).

Hope this helps!

Clintlgm
Level 14
Use Winflash or Asus updater at your own risk. Winflash has bricked many many Notebooks don't use it. Use Ezflash from within the BIOS itself.
try F2 or Del on boot up to get into your BIOS These notebooks load fast so you may have to try a few times to catch it I usually just spam the key from the time I hit the power on button.
Another thing with windows 8 you have to insure you are getting a complete shut down, as default is Hybrid Shutdown which is really only sleep mode or Hibernate really. If your doing that your can't get to your BIOS because you never shut down enough to get to it.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?32165-Cannot-enter-BIOS-G75VW maybe this thread will help you.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

would getting the windows 8 disk from Asus fix it or is their disks the same as the stock windows 8 disks?