cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G550 combo audio jack issue

xernoxian
Level 7
hello,

I have an issue with my asus g550's combo audio jack and i need help.

The problem with the audio jack is, i only get sound from my laptop's speakers when a headphone is plugged into the audio jack. When i take the headphone out of the jack, the laptop speakers stop working. Also when the headphone jack is plugged in, i do not hear any sound from the headphone.
7 REPLIES 7

hmscott
Level 12
xernoxian wrote:
hello,
The problem with the audio jack is, i only get sound from my laptop's speakers when a headphone is plugged into the audio jack. When i take the headphone out of the jack, the laptop speakers stop working. Also when the headphone jack is plugged in, i do not hear any sound from the headphone.

xernoxian, assuming you tried other headphones, with other plugs connected to them, to see if there was a problem with the mating of the plug / jack, there isn't anything we can do for you. It sounds like a physical problem with your jack or the headphone plug.

You can create a login here, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry to get Asus to RMA / repair your laptop.

https://vip.asus.com

Please come back and let us know how it works out 🙂

amitabhbansal
Level 7
xernoxian wrote:
hello,

Try upgrading the audio driver if there is any newer, or u just remove the installed driver of audio and reinstall it, in the year 2001 i faced this problem and found that there is conflict in audio drivers, i tried removing the audio driver and reinstalling it, after that it worked for 3-4 days and the problem persist again, then i formatted the HDD and installed the windows again and after that it worked perfectly fine, i gave a little research and found that in windows update it installed something related to Audio and ruin everything, so try reinstalling the audio driver if doesnt help then do a windows installation

hmscott
Level 12
xernoxian, amitabhansal's suggestion is worth a try 🙂

Hidden in my suggestion to go to Asus for debugging, I know Asus will ask you to do a recovery install - reinstall the OS from the recovery partition - which would solve the problem if it is software. When you came back to report I planned on asking you to take care with updates / upgrades, and make restore points to roll back to if the audio problem shows up again.

xernoxian, let us know how it works out 🙂

Thanks for all your suggestions. i have done the windows 8.1 reset, uninstalled and installed the realtek drivers and i have also tried the latest realtek drivers but the problem still persists. i have contacted asus and would have the laptop checked out soon.

I have contacted Asus and they have asked me to send the laptop to them. I would like to know if, any of you know whether it is possible to replace the audio jack on the laptop motherboard. Thanks

xernoxian wrote:
I have contacted Asus and they have asked me to send the laptop to them. I would like to know if, any of you know whether it is possible to replace the audio jack on the laptop motherboard. Thanks

xernoxian, if you are still under warranty, let Asus do it. If someone else messes it up then it might void your warranty and Asus would ask you to pay to repair the repair 🙂

Sil3nc328
Level 7
Hi all. Theapparently the g550jks combo jack is rather delicate and of bad build. I have sent mine in for repair and they replaced the whole motherboard, yet one mo th later from regular use the same issue arises.the connection is off in the sense when u plug in any jacks fully it does not sense the input.