cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bf code when coming out of sleep

LiveOrDie
Level 11
This problem a few people have i also have this problem and want to know how to fix it, This problem only happens after your system has been in sleep for amount of time, Putting you system into sleep for 5 minutes wont create this problem.
25 REPLIES 25

Raja
Level 13
Likely DRAM instability - regular suspects would be VCCSA and possibly DRAM voltage depending on the settings applied.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I was running my ram on 2800Mhz which its rated for no overclock other than the ram profile, Also got it on my OC settings as well memory was once again was on 2800Mhz but on 1.3v so 0.5v higher than the profile. Doesn't matter what i do i can't get pass the code i have to turn the power off at the back so it does a cold boot. thanks for the reply Raja.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

As Raga wrote above this is because of ram instability. If adjusting VCCSA and DRAM voltages a small bit at a time does not solve the issue you can also try adjusting cache and CPU voltages. If none of this helps it could be the limit of the CPU's IMC or something a future microcode update from Intel will solve.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I have increased the VCCSA by 0.150v and ram is already 0.05v higher so ill see how this goes i guess.

LiveOrDie wrote:
I have increased the VCCSA by 0.150v and ram is already 0.5v higher

Hello

As I wrote above adjust "a small bit at a time".

Raja
Level 13
0.5V must be a typo. That would be savage..

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Ops yer 0.05v sorry ram is on 1.3v :rolleyes:.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
VCCSA @ + 0.150v seems to have fixed the problem i think.

SGMRock
Level 9
You have the same RAM as me as I have mentioned in other threads. I was trying to figure out from Corsair what the safe upper limit of VCCSA is. I don't use sleep mode so I can't say I have had your same issue. But I do get the bd errors when I use the 3000 XMP preset so I'm sure that's VCCSA like you guys are all saying. Just wanted to know how high I can go on that without frying the RAM.
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex 2002 BIOS / Intel i9-7900X / G.Skill TridentZ RBG F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 17-17-17-37
LG 38" 38GL950G-B Ultrawide / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid/ Sound Blaster AE-5
Corsair H115i Pro CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2 / Corsair Arctic White T780 Case