cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 CPU Temp Wrong

casper5632
Level 7
I am trying to set up a fan control profile with AI Suite 3 on my ASUS Maximus Vi Hero motherboard. My CPU is rocketing all the way up to 65C, but in the program its only reading 35-42. The temp that it is giving me does not correlate at all to the temps that are actually going on in the CPU. I really want to use this program to control my fans but if I cant get it to report something anywhere near the truth that will be impossible.

Update: It looks like everytime I start up a burn in utility like Prime95 the temp goes from the 30s to 47c exactly, then it goes back down to the 30s again. The fans kick up for a few seconds then go silent. Obviously the CPU is blasting full force so its up there in the 65s. Yes I did do this with no other monitoring programs active, I just tried it after with HWMonitor running to verify the cpu was getting hot.
1 REPLY 1

casper5632
Level 7
Still need help with this issue. This is going to make the expensive fans I bought for this setup worthless if I need to have them at 100% anyway just to keep the CPU cool during load.