cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randon wire by motherboard, what is it?

zuich06
Level 7
So I was cleaning my fan filters today and I saw this random wire sticking off to the side of the motherboard and have no idea what it is. Can anyone here give me any idea to what it is?? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

costilletax
Level 7
Looks like the keyboard wire...

TotalONE
Level 7
No, this is not a key board wire at all.
keyboard wire does not have a clip... its just a flat wire that clips on the mother board.
I dont think this wire belongs to this laptop.

Clintlgm
Level 14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KHrJKInmA Maybe you can find something in this video
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

TotalONE
Level 7
I took my G75 a part to see what was up. And i think i can tell you where this wire goes.
Here is a image of where it might be. It connecting your headphone jacks to motherboard.
This is where it connects
This is where it goes

zuich06
Level 7
I suppose that would explain why my headphone/microphone jacks don't work Thanks! Also is it hard to take apart this laptop so I can reattach that wire? I've taken apart a laptop in the past to replace a motherboard but it wasn't as in depth as this one.

zuich06
Level 7
Alright disregard that last post, I reattached the wire and now those jacks work and the status lights work for once. Just fyi, I ordered my laptop from elite-pc so I'm assuming this was a result of them rushing the laptop out after they forgot to ship it over a month after I ordered it and called them to figure it out.

TotalONE
Level 7
its not difficult to take this machine apart.
I think is the easiest one to take apart from all models, everything has a very easy access to it.
Im glad you could resole this issue.