cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g74sx loud fan

Retired
Not applicable
the fan used the be very quiet but after hours of gaming with high performance mode the fan start to get loud. I've also tried other modes but still doesn't change anything.
7 REPLIES 7

JRd1st
Level 12
If your notebook gets hot, the fan needs to speed up to increase cooling. I don't think there's any way to change that unless you want to use passive cooling in advanced settings of whatever power cfg you use. But then your CPU will slow down instead of your fan speed increasing. And I'm sure you don't want that....
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Panda
Level 7
I also thought my fan, more specifically the GPU fan was loud, but for me, I think it's the hard drive that is loud. Anybody have a clue on how to quiet down my hard drive? (I assume it's the hdd because the "fan-like noise" is coming from the palm rest)

Really!? You sure its not the DVD/CD drive?

My drives are so quiet.

You could replace the he'd with an ssd.... 🙂

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Yahooligan
Level 7
My fans and HDDs are nearly silent, even when gaming. The only thing that ever gets "loud" is the DVD drive, everything else is super quiet in comparison. :? Dunno...
--
Yahooligan
ASUS G74SX-XR1 :cool:

Panda
Level 7
I have a question to ask, how silent are your 74sx's? I can hear the "fan/noise/etc." from 10 feet. Also, is there another solution other than getting a new harddrive. 😄

JRd1st
Level 12
I can barely hear the fans and can't hear the HDD's at all.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Panda
Level 7
I have a ST9750420AS HDD, 7200 RPM, 750GB. Another reason I think it's my HDD is because I opened up back cover and heard that the hard drive was making a constant swoosh sound. SIGH, are there any drivers or something to fix this. I have 2 of these HDD and I believe the one with all the data on it is making the noise 😕 Sorry for being so repetitive.